Gibson les paul studio/prs

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Reviews > Gibson les paul studio/prs

froggy62

Would like opinions on The Gibson Les Paul Studio and the Paul reed Smith guitars for Blues. Have been playing an SG for 2 years now and ready to buy another. Opionions would help me decide. Mostly interested in Blues and clasic rock

Would like opinions on The Gibson Les Paul Studio and the Paul reed Smith guitars for Blues. Have been playing an SG for 2 years now and ready to buy another. Opionions would help me decide. Mostly interested in Blues and clasic rock

fairway8

There's no comparison a 'Gordon' not Paul Reed Smith wins everytime and you got the benefit of having coil tapped humbuckers all mated to a British handbuilt guitar.

Cheers Phil

There's no comparison a 'Gordon' not Paul Reed Smith wins everytime and you got the benefit of having coil tapped humbuckers all mated to a British handbuilt guitar.

Cheers Phil

froggy62

Gordon

Never heard of them who plays them

Gordon

Never heard of them who plays them

metalbasher1

I've been researching the same thing. If you're not buying one of the big dollar Prs guitars they are made in Korea actually. However I've been comparing the Prs se245 to the Gibson lp studio and I like the sound and versatility of the se245 more. The quality of the finish is pretty sweet as well.

I've been researching the same thing. If you're not buying one of the big dollar Prs guitars they are made in Korea actually. However I've been comparing the Prs se245 to the Gibson lp studio and I like the sound and versatility of the se245 more. The quality of the finish is pretty sweet as well.

john of MT

Full Access

Originally Posted by: metalbasher1

I'm not sure what's being posted here but, whatever... PRS gutars are made in Maryland, USA. In the past (currently?), there have been Asian-made Gibsons (and other brand names) made for the Asian market...I don't know if any of those were imported to North America.

Originally Posted by: metalbasher1

I'm not sure what's being posted here but, whatever... PRS gutars are made in Maryland, USA. In the past (currently?), there have been Asian-made Gibsons (and other brand names) made for the Asian market...I don't know if any of those were imported to North America.

Slipin Lizard

I think he's got it right... review on Musician's Friend website says the PRS SE 245 is made in Korea. Asian Gibsons?... I know there were a few knock-offs in the past that were supposedly well made, but latest craze seems to be made-in-China Les Pauls that cost less than $300 shipped. YouTubers split... some say they sound like crap, others say they sound really good... I'd doubt they'd compare well to real Les Paul, but I do also feel that some of the Les Paul pricing is getting a little bit out of control.

I think he's got it right... review on Musician's Friend website says the PRS SE 245 is made in Korea. Asian Gibsons?... I know there were a few knock-offs in the past that were supposedly well made, but latest craze seems to be made-in-China Les Pauls that cost less than $300 shipped. YouTubers split... some say they sound like crap, others say they sound really good... I'd doubt they'd compare well to real Les Paul, but I do also feel that some of the Les Paul pricing is getting a little bit out of control.

john of MT

Full Access

Ooops!

I suppose you could say we are both correct; PRS guitars are made in Stevensville, MD, PRS SE's are made Korea. But that's not what I meant and I indeed was wrong...some PRS guitars are Korean-made.

Sheesh...and I even have a relative designing gear for 'em in MD... Frown

Ooops!

I suppose you could say we are both correct; PRS guitars are made in Stevensville, MD, PRS SE's are made Korea. But that's not what I meant and I indeed was wrong...some PRS guitars are Korean-made.

Sheesh...and I even have a relative designing gear for 'em in MD... Frown

froggy62

PRS or whatever

start of this thread was fr opinions and i sure got them thanks a bunch what I have decded is I need a good quality hollow body for blues any suggestions,

PRS or whatever

start of this thread was fr opinions and i sure got them thanks a bunch what I have decded is I need a good quality hollow body for blues any suggestions,

haghj500

I tried a number of hollow body's finally bought a Hagstrom HJ500. I also have a Hagstrom Swede. If you can find either one at a music store give it a try before you buy.

Back in 1975 I bought a 1973 hand made Hagstrom Swede. Still own it today, but don't play it much any more, after 36 years I wore it out. Bought the HJ500 to replace it and a different sound. But alas, I loved the old Swede, So i went and bought another one.

Over the years I.ve had two different people who have bought new Les Puals get real pissed. After buying and playing their new Pauls, when they played my Swede, they liked it better.

Check one out.

I tried a number of hollow body's finally bought a Hagstrom HJ500. I also have a Hagstrom Swede. If you can find either one at a music store give it a try before you buy.

Back in 1975 I bought a 1973 hand made Hagstrom Swede. Still own it today, but don't play it much any more, after 36 years I wore it out. Bought the HJ500 to replace it and a different sound. But alas, I loved the old Swede, So i went and bought another one.

Over the years I.ve had two different people who have bought new Les Puals get real pissed. After buying and playing their new Pauls, when they played my Swede, they liked it better.

Check one out.

mchiani

Full Access

St Blues

http://www.guitaraffair.com/images/st-blues-mississippi-bluesmaster-natural-quilt-top.jpg Check out this guitar if you really want a blues guitar. These MIK models were discontinued and are fast becoming a collectors item. They are now made in the US only and cost 2400.

St Blues

http://www.guitaraffair.com/images/st-blues-mississippi-bluesmaster-natural-quilt-top.jpg Check out this guitar if you really want a blues guitar. These MIK models were discontinued and are fast becoming a collectors item. They are now made in the US only and cost 2400.