Venting.....

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Venting.....

studysession

Hi there - this is my first post to the forum. I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago so I really shouldn't be frustrated...

I bought a Fender acoustic and a Starcaster Fender electric with AMP bundle.

I am practicing and practicing and practicing and I am having a hard time switching between the chords I have learned without a long pause to switch my fingers. I watch so many play and they do it without very little effort and not miss a beat.... Can't wait till I get that far.

Thanks!

Hi there - this is my first post to the forum. I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago so I really shouldn't be frustrated...

I bought a Fender acoustic and a Starcaster Fender electric with AMP bundle.

I am practicing and practicing and practicing and I am having a hard time switching between the chords I have learned without a long pause to switch my fingers. I watch so many play and they do it without very little effort and not miss a beat.... Can't wait till I get that far.

Thanks!

CSchlegel

Guitar Tricks Instructor

Hey & welcome!
Originally Posted by: studysession
I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago so I really shouldn't be frustrated...

It can be frustrating & it is a good thing to admit it. Smilie

But it is also good you realize it is going to take time & a lot of practice. Good you are willing to put in the time to do it also! Be patient with yourself. Try to enjoy the process. Best of success with it.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory

Hey & welcome!
I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago so I really shouldn't be frustrated...

It can be frustrating & it is a good thing to admit it. Smilie

But it is also good you realize it is going to take time & a lot of practice. Good you are willing to put in the time to do it also! Be patient with yourself. Try to enjoy the process. Best of success with it.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory

studysession

Thanks! Yeah just needed to vent somewhere. Smilie I am enjoying it. Just somedays wish it was easier to switch between chords more smoothly. Wink

Thanks! Yeah just needed to vent somewhere. Smilie I am enjoying it. Just somedays wish it was easier to switch between chords more smoothly. Wink

hunter1801

Hi there - this is my first post to the forum. I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago

Two and one fifth's weeks ago Confused My brain is not wired for that math

Hi there - this is my first post to the forum. I just started with the guitar 2 and 1/5 weeks ago

Sgt Tee

Practice, Practice and more practice, Dont stay too long on one thing where you are going to get frustrated, Do it till it bothers you and then stop, play something you like and then go back to work. It all comes together with practice and go slow, enjoy the ride

Practice, Practice and more practice, Dont stay too long on one thing where you are going to get frustrated, Do it till it bothers you and then stop, play something you like and then go back to work. It all comes together with practice and go slow, enjoy the ride

studysession

Originally Posted by: hunter1801

Funny - I meant to put 1/2 not 1/5..... Smilie Blame it on the big fingers and little keyboard - Smilie

Thanks for the support everybody... Been spending this weekend trying to get this switching between chords down. I know it all comes with time but sometimes it does get frustrating....

Yeah - I do stop and move to something else and come back. Otherwise I would got insane. Smilie

Funny - I meant to put 1/2 not 1/5..... Smilie Blame it on the big fingers and little keyboard - Smilie

Thanks for the support everybody... Been spending this weekend trying to get this switching between chords down. I know it all comes with time but sometimes it does get frustrating....

Yeah - I do stop and move to something else and come back. Otherwise I would got insane. Smilie

compart1

Full Access

Hi studysesson..
Welcome to GT..
You might run thru this lesson from Lisa McCormick..

http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=11329

good luck and keep on pickin'
Gordon

Hi studysesson..
Welcome to GT..

Gordon

EASDave

Full Access

Keep practicing and it'll come.

Makes a pleasant change from people suffering with finger pain! No problems in that direction?

Dave.

Keep practicing and it'll come.

Makes a pleasant change from people suffering with finger pain! No problems in that direction?

Dave.

Jarsew

I think it comes down to 2 weeks, 1 day, and 6 hours Stick Out Tongue

When it comes to chord changing smoothly, there really is no magic bullet or shortcut, just good ol practice.

I think it comes down to 2 weeks, 1 day, and 6 hours Stick Out Tongue

When it comes to chord changing smoothly, there really is no magic bullet or shortcut, just good ol practice.

samata

Originally Posted by: compart1
Hi studysesson..
Welcome to GT..

Gordon

You know, I'm new here, but that's what I REALLY love about this place. It's not so much the instruction videos, but that they have SO many that every little thing that you want to know, or are having trouble with, you can find a video that gives help....just amazing Smilie

Originally Posted by: compart1
Hi studysesson..
Welcome to GT..

Gordon

You know, I'm new here, but that's what I REALLY love about this place. It's not so much the instruction videos, but that they have SO many that every little thing that you want to know, or are having trouble with, you can find a video that gives help....just amazing Smilie