Wierd Pinch Harmonics

EPISODER
EPISODER
04/28/2008 6:09 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been doing pinch harmonics for about a year now, but recently I've discovered (not like I'm the first one to ever do this (I think)) how to do them with just my fingers.

I rest my thumb on the string and use my middle finger to pluck the string. This prevents me from having to reposition my pick in my hand to be closer to the string.

This version of Pinch Harmonics seems to have a better tone and lasts longer.

PS: I've noticed if you measure the string left between the bridge and your fretted note, halfway (an octave) between these two points seems to be the best place to preform Pinch Harmonics. Has anyone else noticed this?
[FONT=Fixedsys]A tout le monde, A tout mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free![/FONT] ;)
# 1
Fret spider
Fret spider
04/29/2008 12:22 am
yes this is one way to achieve a harmonic. diferent to the normal way of creatin pintch harmonics with a pik. its morte aplicable to finger style. u can also tap harmonics.

yes half way betweent the fretted hand and the bridge is the strongest and easiest harmonic to achieve. but it would be limiting to omnly stick to this harmonic. the other ones have different notes and are higher.

just muy opinion
# 2
Matt_Waldner
Matt_Waldner
04/29/2008 5:59 am
That's very interesting, I'm always interested in finding more ways to make wierd sounds.

Dime used a similar way to create harmonics using only the fretting hand. Just do a pulloff with the ring finger 2 frets up from the index finger and bring the ring finger down again to lightly touch the string. This allowed him to use the whammy bar while hitting harmonics.
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/29/2008 1:37 pm
What your doing is called natural harmonics. What you can do is try this on every fret and see what frets sound good, and what frets don't ring out at all. Also try tremelo picking the g string, then starting from the 1st fret, slide your finger on the string halfway down the neck.

Matt: IT doens't matter where you pluck the string at, as long as you get the string to ring out really good. Then drop the bar, tap the harmonic, raise the bar and squeal like a pig!

Check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6TpYcA9bSaU&feature=related
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.