Akira has a present for gt

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Akira has a present for gt

Akira

So yeah, here I have, for you all, a recording of a gig I played in May as part of an assessment on my degree.

The quality isn't great, I stuck my mic infront of the tv speaker to record the sound from the already not-too-great quality video of the performance, but still, here it is for anyone who's interested. Smilie

Set list:

Fire (Hendrix)
One Way or Another (Blondie)
Fill My Little World (The Feeling)
Original Composition 1
Sunburn (Muse)
Dream a Little Dream (Our own version)
This Charming Man (The Smiths)
Original Compositon 2

The vid ran out of tape about a third of the way through the last song, which was dissapointing, but I thought i'd put up what we did get of the song.

At the very least listen to Fire, the end of Sunburn, and the two compositions. Stick Out Tongue

Let me know what you lot think of it. Smilie

CLICKY!

So yeah, here I have, for you all, a recording of a gig I played in May as part of an assessment on my degree.

The quality isn't great, I stuck my mic infront of the tv speaker to record the sound from the already not-too-great quality video of the performance, but still, here it is for anyone who's interested. Smilie

Set list:

Fire (Hendrix)
One Way or Another (Blondie)
Fill My Little World (The Feeling)
Original Composition 1
Sunburn (Muse)
Dream a Little Dream (Our own version)
This Charming Man (The Smiths)
Original Compositon 2

The vid ran out of tape about a third of the way through the last song, which was dissapointing, but I thought i'd put up what we did get of the song.

At the very least listen to Fire, the end of Sunburn, and the two compositions. Stick Out Tongue

Let me know what you lot think of it. Smilie

CLICKY!

z0s0_jp

Riffologist

that was very good..I liked Original Composition 1 the best.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"

that was very good..I liked Original Composition 1 the best.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"

hunter1801

Is this the same thing you were talking about here?

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21281&page=1&pp=7

Akira

Originally Posted by: hunter1801

Nope, we changed it from glam rock to something we'd actually be good at.

Originally Posted by: hunter1801

Nope, we changed it from glam rock to something we'd actually be good at.

dvenetian

Nice Job, sounds like you had fun....................

Nice Job, sounds like you had fun....................

PRSplaya

Full Access

Awesome job there Sean!!!! Your band sounds like it's got it's stuff together, and ya'll play well together... that is definitely a plus when it comes to being in a band. Ya'll should come to Halifax once you start touring! Wink
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

Awesome job there Sean!!!! Your band sounds like it's got it's stuff together, and ya'll play well together... that is definitely a plus when it comes to being in a band. Ya'll should come to Halifax once you start touring! Wink
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

Leedogg

Grizzled Veteran

Good stuff dude! Got any vids?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile

Good stuff dude! Got any vids?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile

ren

Guitar Tricks Moderator

i liked comp 1 as well man... I wasn't sure when it started but when you got going it was sweet... Cool

Some nice runs in there Sean, and the odd cheeky tap. Sounded almost majestic towards the end... sort of Brian May ish (no offence if I've inadvertantly caused any there Stick Out Tongue )

Sounds like a confident live performance... good work!
"Its taken me all my life to learn what not to play... - Dizzy Gillespie
http://www.reynoldsguitars.co.uk

i liked comp 1 as well man... I wasn't sure when it started but when you got going it was sweet... Cool

Some nice runs in there Sean, and the odd cheeky tap. Sounded almost majestic towards the end... sort of Brian May ish (no offence if I've inadvertantly caused any there Stick Out Tongue )

Sounds like a confident live performance... good work!
"Its taken me all my life to learn what not to play... - Dizzy Gillespie
http://www.reynoldsguitars.co.uk

jiujitsu_jesus

I'm still listening to it, and what I've heard so far is excellent! Like Eric said, you guys are really tight, you have a good dynamic; your singer's got a great voice; some great piano work in Original Comp. 1; and your drummer is excellent too. And needless to say, your playing is just great; I agree with Ren, you do remind me of Brian May here - and he's one of my biggest guitar heroes, so I'm not trying to cause insult either! Big Grin

I couldn't hear the bass properly, but that's probably because of my dodgy computer speakers Embarassment

Good job!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz [email protected] o.K!!!??>

I'm still listening to it, and what I've heard so far is excellent! Like Eric said, you guys are really tight, you have a good dynamic; your singer's got a great voice; some great piano work in Original Comp. 1; and your drummer is excellent too. And needless to say, your playing is just great; I agree with Ren, you do remind me of Brian May here - and he's one of my biggest guitar heroes, so I'm not trying to cause insult either! Big Grin

I couldn't hear the bass properly, but that's probably because of my dodgy computer speakers Embarassment

Good job!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz [email protected] o.K!!!??>

Akira

Thanks guys. Big Grin

There is a vid but it was on a video tape and at the moment I can't get it onto the computer; the audio I've posted here was the audio from that vid though.

Thanks for all the kind words. Believe it or not there wasn't a single tap in that performance; and I'm very honoured to be compared to Brian May!

The bass is kinda low in the mix, but that can't be helped I guess.

We're going to start working on a lot of original stuff with our new drummer once we figure out somewhere to practice (with College being closed for the summer). Hopefully we'll get some stuff recorded in a proper studio. Smilie

I'll come play near you all when we start touring. Stick Out Tongue

Thanks guys. Big Grin

There is a vid but it was on a video tape and at the moment I can't get it onto the computer; the audio I've posted here was the audio from that vid though.

Thanks for all the kind words. Believe it or not there wasn't a single tap in that performance; and I'm very honoured to be compared to Brian May!

The bass is kinda low in the mix, but that can't be helped I guess.

We're going to start working on a lot of original stuff with our new drummer once we figure out somewhere to practice (with College being closed for the summer). Hopefully we'll get some stuff recorded in a proper studio. Smilie

I'll come play near you all when we start touring. Stick Out Tongue