Guitar Effects Arrangment

thed00d
thed00d
10/14/2006 4:39 pm
I know most guitar effects are mostly done on one effects unit these days, but personally I still like multiple pedals hooked up so I can physically see what effects I'm using. So my question is more on personal preference so here she is:
What are some good arrangements for effects pedals and how do they effect each other?
In particular with: a Wah wah (Vox), a Volume Pedal (Morely), an Analog Delay (Arion), a Chorus (Arion), a Tube Screamer (Ibanez), a Distortion (Ibanez), a Blues Driver (Boss), and finally a noname tuner that could be thrown in the mix.
If anyone has any suggestions or just general rules of thumb for arranging pedals like those above, your input will be appreciated. (Include you settup if you'd like).
Thanks,
Owain. G
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/14/2006 10:45 pm
Does your amp have an effects loop? If it does, you'd run all your effects through it, except the wah and distortions/overdrives. I'd put my tuner through it too, cause when i try to tune with distortion on, it screws up the tuner.

As for order, just try the search-there's really good threads about it here.
Try this- >THREAD<
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
10/15/2006 1:26 am
With quite a bit of experimenting, i have mine setup ....guitar/(talkbox)/vibrato/sd-1/ds-1/847 wah/amp, and i also use the footswitch for my amp to use other effects and the 2nd channel. Its really just your own preference, but I think the wah sounds very bad when its before the overdrive/distortion. I myself havent noticed much change when moving the vibrato pedal around though. I haven't had experience with pedals like chorus and delay etc.. but I would be willing to guess that it would work well with the delay and chorus first followed by the overdrive pedals, then volume and wah. Good luck.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 3
lockwolf
lockwolf
10/20/2006 5:36 pm
A typical pedal train setup should kind of go like this (I dont have my list, tell me if I mess anything up)

Tuner (though it can be placed anywhere, it does best in the front)
Volume
Wah
Distortion/Overdrive
Phasers/Flangers
Tremelo (If you use one of those like I do)
Delay
Reverb

My setup is like this:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Ibanez PH7 Phaser
Danelectro FAB Flange (Its a great pedal for the money)
Line 6 Tap Tremelo
Arion Stereo Analog Delay
Danelectro FAB Echo (Reverb)

Then to the amp. My amp doesnt have effects loop on it cuz its a cheap amp.
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
10/20/2006 6:20 pm
I run my volume pedal through the effects loop. You can change the volume without losing any of the gain like you would in front of the amp....

I use the gain in my amp though, no distortion pedal.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/20/2006 10:26 pm
I found this pic stored on a backup disk.. don't have a clue where it came from tho...

# 6
thed00d
thed00d
10/21/2006 5:45 pm
Thanks guys. With these guidelines it will make it a lot easier to arrange my pedals when I get some free time. I'm thinking I might like the wah after the distortion :cool:
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.