Ladies Electric Guitar?

Cat Nap
Cat Nap
09/26/2006 8:37 pm
Hi,

Two have caught my eye: The Les Paul Goddess and the Ibanez Artcore AFS75T Electric Guitar. Anyone with reviews or opinions on these models?
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/27/2006 1:42 am
Feel free to ignore this, but why would you want a ladies guitar? The Les Paul seem sway overpriced. I mean, there are so many great models out there, you're really restricting yourself to a few models.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/27/2006 8:59 am
As far as female shredders go... The Great Kat uses Jackson and Katrina Johansson on Michael Angelo's label uses Dean... I wouldn't go out buying a 'women's guitar' - a guitar is a guitar at the end of the day, generic guitars are not specifically made for guys. If you like thin necks and frets look at Ibanez, jumbo frets and thin necks look at Jackson, jumbo necks and regular frets look at Gibson. Basically, get down to the local guitar shop and play a few different models in your price range, make a short list of guitars that feel nicest and post the models here for feedback.
Personally, I've never played the Les Paul Goddess, I have a '57 Les Paul Custom Goldtop reissue among others. For me the neck is too sticky and thick. I've owned a number f Ibanez over the years, you can't go wrong there. Necks are always nice and the pick ups can be changed easily if required.
# 3
ren
ren
09/27/2006 9:38 am
Yeah - The goddess is pretty much a normal les paul with a pink paintjob.... Daisy Rock use the same approach to market to female guitar players - maybe a little out of date.... :eek:

I agree with the others - buy whatever guitar you like, I'm an Ibanez fan as well. If weight is an issue and 22 fret necks are OK by you, I'd suggest you check out a JS 1000 / 1200.

If your pockets are bottomless, look at Tom Anderson's hollow body range....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/27/2006 11:45 am
I see you are looking at the artcore series in the Ibanez range. Nice guitars but if I'm not mistaken they use the stock IBZ/DMZ pickups - if you are a tone junky then you will definitely want to change those pickups, maybe look at Dimarzio Evolutions or a combination of Paf Pro and Air Norton. Stock Ibz/DMZ pick ups are muddy as hell, overly bassy and lack clarity BUT they are more than enough if you are a beginner.

If you want an animal guitar check out the Ibanez Jem (any model will do) or the Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci range - depends on how advanced you are. No need to splash out too much unless your technical skills areseriously up to par.
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/27/2006 5:10 pm

Please go back and read the thread at the top of the Gear Review section. It will be very obvious which thread I'm talking about. Thanks.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Cat Nap
Cat Nap
09/27/2006 8:20 pm
I agree the Les Paul is a tad high but the Artcore seems reasonable. I think the 75g model looks like a smaller body. Tried one out the store yesterday, not as heavy as I thought and felt like BB King playing one...
# 7
dvenetian
dvenetian
10/01/2006 4:41 am
Saw a Female guitarist named Amy Schuger playing on stage next to the almighty Michael Schenker. She Played a white Daisy Rock and sounded awesome. Even Schenker blessed her talent. Daisy Rock claims their guitars are geared and sized directly to women. If you can find a used Wolfgang, check it out. The action is incredible to say the least!! Should be, expect the best from EVH the Great !!!!!
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.