Help - i am into a rut !!!!

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Help - i am into a rut !!!!

Hello,
i have practised on many things, bends, vibrato, trill,
scales, arpeggios, chords, rhythm, tapping, songs, theory, sight reading, transcribing, fingerstyle, slide guitar,
i feel i am into a rut, can you tell me something else to try, what do you do when you are into a rut?

Blues Shredder
Peter

Hello,
i have practised on many things, bends, vibrato, trill,
scales, arpeggios, chords, rhythm, tapping, songs, theory, sight reading, transcribing, fingerstyle, slide guitar,
i feel i am into a rut, can you tell me something else to try, what do you do when you are into a rut?

Blues Shredder
Peter

Have you ever thought of being in a band and doing that thing?????? That will keep you interested.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."

Have you ever thought of being in a band and doing that thing?????? That will keep you interested.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."

Gear Guru

zepo's got it right, man. If you're not in a band, just what is you're practicing for???

If all you ever do is play with yourself, there's a word for that. One not commonly associated with guitar! Big Grin
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons

zepo's got it right, man. If you're not in a band, just what is you're practicing for???

If all you ever do is play with yourself, there's a word for that. One not commonly associated with guitar! Big Grin
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons

Youve had two good reply's. And apart from the beauty of playing with others( in the guitar/band sense ) if you **** up you can learn from the other's advice/input. Or the moment you drop a clanger stop playing and use a get out of jail phrase, like, angon my amps crackling, or my guitar has gone out of tune, then go red, kick yourself and hope youve not be caught out in youre dispicable ruse.

Riff and be merry....

Youve had two good reply's. And apart from the beauty of playing with others( in the guitar/band sense ) if you **** up you can learn from the other's advice/input. Or the moment you drop a clanger stop playing and use a get out of jail phrase, like, angon my amps crackling, or my guitar has gone out of tune, then go red, kick yourself and hope youve not be caught out in youre dispicable ruse.

Riff and be merry....

Write a song. Or a ditty.

Write a song. Or a ditty.

You can do what I like to do sometimes if I'm by myself. Put the Eric Clapton "Blues" cd on and play along with Eric. Most of the songs only have 3 basic chords that I can take and improvise and just make solos and play along with Eric.

By the way it's a really good cd. It a 2 disc set (one studio blues and the other live blues). It's got a lot of good classics.

Try that, it might help.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix

You can do what I like to do sometimes if I'm by myself. Put the Eric Clapton "Blues" cd on and play along with Eric. Most of the songs only have 3 basic chords that I can take and improvise and just make solos and play along with Eric.

By the way it's a really good cd. It a 2 disc set (one studio blues and the other live blues). It's got a lot of good classics.

Try that, it might help.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix

Why don't you learn how to do some artificial harmonics?

Kirk Hammett is God!!!
MYK

Why don't you learn how to do some artificial harmonics?

Kirk Hammett is God!!!
MYK

whoa,...put down your guitarfor a while, step outside, get a good woman, down some alcohol, see a movie, drink more, keep driving with the woman in your car until you pass out. Then repeat as desired. Then pick up that guitar again and write a song about getting drunk with women and forgetting about it the next day.

whoa,...put down your guitarfor a while, step outside, get a good woman, down some alcohol, see a movie, drink more, keep driving with the woman in your car until you pass out. Then repeat as desired. Then pick up that guitar again and write a song about getting drunk with women and forgetting about it the next day.

all the things you mentioned sound great, but i wouldnt like to try them, i must spend a lot of time for all these and i cant imagine myself without my guitar, besides my guitar is the best woman i ever had and i will ever have and i dont alcohol to get drunk, music can do the same thing and its a trip

"I got this bad feeling my baby dont live here no more,
...thats all right i got my guitar"
- Jimi Hendrix

Blues Shredder
Peter

all the things you mentioned sound great, but i wouldnt like to try them, i must spend a lot of time for all these and i cant imagine myself without my guitar, besides my guitar is the best woman i ever had and i will ever have and i dont alcohol to get drunk, music can do the same thing and its a trip

- Jimi Hendrix

Blues Shredder
Peter

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BluesShredder

- Jimi Hendrix

Blues Shredder
[/QUOTE]

Above - the definition of obsession.

No offense.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BluesShredder

- Jimi Hendrix

Blues Shredder
[/QUOTE]

Above - the definition of obsession.

No offense.