An innovative new method of composing

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/21/2005 11:30 pm
Ok, I'm sure I"m not the first that has thought of this, but I'm sure I'm at most one of the few that's making a real song by doing this. I use guitar pro when it comes to tabbing and saving my composures and just yesterday I found myself bored to tears. So I turned off my speakers, selected about 5 guitar tracks (each assigned to different instrument sounds) and 1 bass track. Mind you I mutilated the tunings to various things that are out of whack and would ruin strings in reality. Having done that I literally started clicking anything and everything I could, making various chords here and there as well as sweeps and riffs and what have you. After a few hours I decided I was done and ready to hear my travesty, or at least that's what I was expecting. So I hit play and I didn't hear a travesty. I heard something that sounded like nothing else. The bass harmonized with the guitars as opposed to just defining the guitars movements, the guitars formed such interesting positions and flowed so naturally. The song actually had a structure. A frantic one but a structure all the same. It was then that I realized I am a better composer when I can't hear what I'm doing. It's really intense and bizarre. Try it some time. Try writing anything in no particular fashion and see how it comes out.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
StreetRockHero
StreetRockHero
03/27/2005 10:37 pm
Hi, I was wondering what guitar pro shows you visually on the screen when tabbing and altering your song.
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/28/2005 2:31 am
You mean the interface? It shows basically a tab sheet and sheet music sheet right under the tabs. you can basically write tabs and sheet music right then and there, hear it on the spot and edit it without those damn eraser marks and wasted paper. Save every last bit of it and export it as a midi. It's a very convenient tool for a lazy ass like myself.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.