What equipment do u all own ?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > What equipment do u all own ?

What equipment has everyone got ?
I own a maverick guitar and a mg marshall 30watt. I also use to have a fender strat but that got stolen.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.

What equipment has everyone got ?
I own a maverick guitar and a mg marshall 30watt. I also use to have a fender strat but that got stolen.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.

Lots-0-guitars, Tons-0-rax'-n-wAcKy-stuff...

My gear IS a bit unusual, I'll admit.

Here's a pic' of my MAIN guitar rig'. A LOT of that stuff' is modified though.

A lot of my gear looks like it's beat ta' sh*t 'cause it's moved around a lot. But we make all the cables, reguarly service & test, etc. Although, there ARE times when you gotta' "kiK-iT" to get it goin'! LOL!

The common speaker set-up for that one (totally stereo from the tube pre-amp up) Is TWO 'wedge cab' 4-10's on each channel and TWO custom built 2-12's on each channel. Even recording I try to use that same entire rig and run an extra tube mic-pre. I love it! The picking attack can "crack-yer'-ribs"! I'm using my DECA724 now instead of that CS400. If I bi-amp I'll use 'em both, with the CS400 running the 'tops.

That same rack also functions as the Main-Menu on our website. Quite versatile, you might say.

WOW! I just looked in my image file & found this pic' of one of my guitars where you can SEE that speaker set-up in the background.
Don't be fooled by that awesome axe though, I RARELY EVER play without my edge trem's!!! I use the trem' like a second pick! GeeeZe, I'd be outta' business without "the 'ThAaaNg!"

~JSV
http://www.naturallywireddesigns.com/
Hey you punx'! Click Here & get some 'chops!

Lots-0-guitars, Tons-0-rax'-n-wAcKy-stuff...

My gear IS a bit unusual, I'll admit.

Here's a pic' of my MAIN guitar rig'. A LOT of that stuff' is modified though.

A lot of my gear looks like it's beat ta' sh*t 'cause it's moved around a lot. But we make all the cables, reguarly service & test, etc. Although, there ARE times when you gotta' "kiK-iT" to get it goin'! LOL!

The common speaker set-up for that one (totally stereo from the tube pre-amp up) Is TWO 'wedge cab' 4-10's on each channel and TWO custom built 2-12's on each channel. Even recording I try to use that same entire rig and run an extra tube mic-pre. I love it! The picking attack can "crack-yer'-ribs"! I'm using my DECA724 now instead of that CS400. If I bi-amp I'll use 'em both, with the CS400 running the 'tops.

That same rack also functions as the Main-Menu on our website. Quite versatile, you might say.

WOW! I just looked in my image file & found this pic' of one of my guitars where you can SEE that speaker set-up in the background.
Don't be fooled by that awesome axe though, I RARELY EVER play without my edge trem's!!! I use the trem' like a second pick! GeeeZe, I'd be outta' business without "the 'ThAaaNg!"

~JSV

HEY 'DEATH', I forgot to mention, VERRY SORRY to hear you had a guitar stolen. DAMN that bites, huh?

I've had gear & guitars stolen. A couple of outboard pieces, two gibsons, some other sh*t, man that sucks, and NO musician should EVER have to experience that. I feel even worse for you cats who only own a couple/few guitars. At least when it happened to me I still had many guitars, but it STILL FR*K'n hurts just the same! One of my maddest Flying-V's was stolen.

You have my compassion & my blessings brother!

If ya' find out who did it, tell 'em I gots' some "FRIENDS" that want them to play "HOCKEY" with us... ok?
Wink

~JSV

HEY 'DEATH', I forgot to mention, VERRY SORRY to hear you had a guitar stolen. DAMN that bites, huh?

I've had gear & guitars stolen. A couple of outboard pieces, two gibsons, some other sh*t, man that sucks, and NO musician should EVER have to experience that. I feel even worse for you cats who only own a couple/few guitars. At least when it happened to me I still had many guitars, but it STILL FR*K'n hurts just the same! One of my maddest Flying-V's was stolen.

You have my compassion & my blessings brother!

If ya' find out who did it, tell 'em I gots' some "FRIENDS" that want them to play "HOCKEY" with us... ok?
Wink

~JSV

Full Access

Currently I've got:

Peavey Triple XXX head
Marshall 1960A cab
Line 6 PODxt w/ short board
Tech 21 1x12 flat responce combo
Yamaha Powered mixer
peavey 1x12 monitor
PRS Custom 22
Fender Redondo acoustic
shure SM57 mic
planet waves cabels
D'Addario strings

Soon to have:

chorus pedal
flanger pedal
delay/reverb pedal
tube screamer (all to get the POD out of the live mix)
Takamini 12 string acoustic
Peavey Wolfgang
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

Currently I've got:

Peavey Triple XXX head
Marshall 1960A cab
Line 6 PODxt w/ short board
Tech 21 1x12 flat responce combo
Yamaha Powered mixer
peavey 1x12 monitor
PRS Custom 22
Fender Redondo acoustic
shure SM57 mic
planet waves cabels
D'Addario strings

Soon to have:

chorus pedal
flanger pedal
delay/reverb pedal
tube screamer (all to get the POD out of the live mix)
Takamini 12 string acoustic
Peavey Wolfgang
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

one of my babies...

man... if you have to steal a guitar then you ain't got no b*lls!!

one of my babies...

man... if you have to steal a guitar then you ain't got no b*lls!!

People who steal are scum. People who steal musical instruments are just below scum.

I use a 2000 (December, actually) Fender American Deluxe Strat with a Seymour Duncan JB jr. in the bridge, a Hipshot tremolo bridge (now functions as a hardtail, as the whammy arm snapped), GraphTech nut and saddles, and various cosmetic enhancements (gold hardware here and there, mother-of-pearl tuner knobs).

I plug the Strat straight into a POD XT, and let me tell you, unless you are one of those blessed with an obese bank account, this is as good as any amp. True, it's no Diezel or Bogner, but if you spend enough time tweaking the right patches, you CAN get perfectly authentic sounds out of this thing. I spend an hour or so at least once a week tweaking and improving my patches, first recording myself playing, then playing it back and listening. This baby is nothing like the old POD models, but beware, the people at the factory are definitely trippin' as far as presets go. Get ready to do a lot of experimenting.

So far I've managed to produce THE lead tone with the Mesa MK IIC+ model (cross between LTE-era Petrucci and DWOT-era Romeo depending on whether I pick or play legato), some very nice clean electric/ acoustic tones (many models to choose from, so it'll take some time to settle on an ideal setting), and I'm almost there when it comes to a good metal rhythm (the only suitable model is the Recto, which, although copied very well, isn't that great in real life either. I want a Powerball model, like on the Vetta!)

I know, that kinda came off sounding like an advertisement, but it really is a great piece of gear.

I also have some Ibanez and Morley pedals, but haven't really used those in AGES.
"I'm playing so fast, the tubes can't reproduce all the notes!"
- Marcus Paus

People who steal are scum. People who steal musical instruments are just below scum.

I use a 2000 (December, actually) Fender American Deluxe Strat with a Seymour Duncan JB jr. in the bridge, a Hipshot tremolo bridge (now functions as a hardtail, as the whammy arm snapped), GraphTech nut and saddles, and various cosmetic enhancements (gold hardware here and there, mother-of-pearl tuner knobs).

I plug the Strat straight into a POD XT, and let me tell you, unless you are one of those blessed with an obese bank account, this is as good as any amp. True, it's no Diezel or Bogner, but if you spend enough time tweaking the right patches, you CAN get perfectly authentic sounds out of this thing. I spend an hour or so at least once a week tweaking and improving my patches, first recording myself playing, then playing it back and listening. This baby is nothing like the old POD models, but beware, the people at the factory are definitely trippin' as far as presets go. Get ready to do a lot of experimenting.

So far I've managed to produce THE lead tone with the Mesa MK IIC+ model (cross between LTE-era Petrucci and DWOT-era Romeo depending on whether I pick or play legato), some very nice clean electric/ acoustic tones (many models to choose from, so it'll take some time to settle on an ideal setting), and I'm almost there when it comes to a good metal rhythm (the only suitable model is the Recto, which, although copied very well, isn't that great in real life either. I want a Powerball model, like on the Vetta!)

I know, that kinda came off sounding like an advertisement, but it really is a great piece of gear.

I also have some Ibanez and Morley pedals, but haven't really used those in AGES.
"I'm playing so fast, the tubes can't reproduce all the notes!"
- Marcus Paus

Guitar Tricks Instructor

PRS CE24, GIbson LP Studio, Fender California Strat, Fender thinline Tele, Fender 90s Jap strat, Fender standard strat, Fender acoustic 12 string, Peveay Cirus 4 string, Big old Peavy Bandit, Marshall VS30, lots of random pedals, SM57s, SM58s, KSM44, Unidime Pro mics.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS

PRS CE24, GIbson LP Studio, Fender California Strat, Fender thinline Tele, Fender 90s Jap strat, Fender standard strat, Fender acoustic 12 string, Peveay Cirus 4 string, Big old Peavy Bandit, Marshall VS30, lots of random pedals, SM57s, SM58s, KSM44, Unidime Pro mics.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS

Cort CL1000, about a dozen picks, 15 foot cable, a tuner, and very soon not a gig bag. And a piece of **** $30 acoustic I bought in Mexico that's going to need new tuning gear next time anyone puts more tension on it than it's usual 2 steps down (4 semitones).

I know, it's not much to show for 4 years of playing.

Yeah, theft isn't fun. If someone stole my cort I would literally kill them. I would hunt them down and put a crowbar through their head repeatedly and then stomp on their neck just to make sure. You have no idea what kind of emotional issues I have with that guitar.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.

Cort CL1000, about a dozen picks, 15 foot cable, a tuner, and very soon not a gig bag. And a piece of **** $30 acoustic I bought in Mexico that's going to need new tuning gear next time anyone puts more tension on it than it's usual 2 steps down (4 semitones).

I know, it's not much to show for 4 years of playing.

Yeah, theft isn't fun. If someone stole my cort I would literally kill them. I would hunt them down and put a crowbar through their head repeatedly and then stomp on their neck just to make sure. You have no idea what kind of emotional issues I have with that guitar.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.

well the guitar wasnt directly stolen from my house but my dad gave this guitar to the person from another country that was linked to his work and the guy said he would pay next time he saw him. Its been months now and i think he has just run off with my guitar.
I dont think its as bad as what happend to my friend though. He had everything stolen from his room which included his amp and guitar. They also tried to burn his house down.
Oh i also have over 150 picks !!! beat that Smilie

That is some amazing stuff u have there jsv. Wish i had that kind of equipment.

well the guitar wasnt directly stolen from my house but my dad gave this guitar to the person from another country that was linked to his work and the guy said he would pay next time he saw him. Its been months now and i think he has just run off with my guitar.
I dont think its as bad as what happend to my friend though. He had everything stolen from his room which included his amp and guitar. They also tried to burn his house down.
Oh i also have over 150 picks !!! beat that Smilie

That is some amazing stuff u have there jsv. Wish i had that kind of equipment.

Guitar Hurricane

Fender standard w/ texas special pick ups
epiphone les paul w/ alnico 2 pro pickups
bc rich accoustic
boss gt 6
traynor cv 80
fender frontman 15r
WWSD? What would stevie do?

Fender standard w/ texas special pick ups
epiphone les paul w/ alnico 2 pro pickups
bc rich accoustic
boss gt 6