Cobains guitar?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > Cobains guitar?

hey i was wondering what kind of guitar is kurt cobain playing on the back cover of the nirvana greatest hits cd ???

hey i was wondering what kind of guitar is kurt cobain playing on the back cover of the nirvana greatest hits cd ???

does any body know?
im not some kurt cobain wannabe or anything i just used that example because i thought that it was the most main stream dipiction of that guitar. i just think its a really kool
guitar.

does any body know?
im not some kurt cobain wannabe or anything i just used that example because i thought that it was the most main stream dipiction of that guitar. i just think its a really kool
guitar.

Its most likely a strat. Thats mostly what he used live.

Its most likely a strat. Thats mostly what he used live.

http://www.livenirvana.com/images/09-22-90-07.jpg
theres a picture of it
and im pretty sure its not a strat

http://www.livenirvana.com/images/09-22-90-07.jpg
theres a picture of it
and im pretty sure its not a strat

pHj33r my v1r1l17y

The guitar in the pic is a Mosrite.

Live, Kurt used a fairly wide variety of guitars since he ended up smashing them frequently enough. He used Strats (the most famous of which was black with a white pickguard and a sticker that said "VANDILISM: AS BEAUTIFUL AS A ROCK IN A COP'S FACE", which is on the cover of some magazine featuring Kurt this month), but used Mustangs and Jaguars more often, and occasionally an Epiphone Les Paul (he used it in the vid for come as you are if memory calls correct; that guitar was messed up when he used it underwater, and the innards were later replaced.) He also codesigned the Fender Jagstang.

If you look online there's a site i saw a year or two back that listed every guitar he ever used.
more from the self-proclaimed king of long-winded posts
Fox Magic Jiron - Always with us
now with more long-wind power: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tristan_s/

The guitar in the pic is a Mosrite.

Live, Kurt used a fairly wide variety of guitars since he ended up smashing them frequently enough. He used Strats (the most famous of which was black with a white pickguard and a sticker that said "VANDILISM: AS BEAUTIFUL AS A ROCK IN A COP'S FACE", which is on the cover of some magazine featuring Kurt this month), but used Mustangs and Jaguars more often, and occasionally an Epiphone Les Paul (he used it in the vid for come as you are if memory calls correct; that guitar was messed up when he used it underwater, and the innards were later replaced.) He also codesigned the Fender Jagstang.

If you look online there's a site i saw a year or two back that listed every guitar he ever used.
more from the self-proclaimed king of long-winded posts
Fox Magic Jiron - Always with us
now with more long-wind power: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tristan_s/

pony's right-
i've heard stories of kurt scrambling to find a guitar, a half-hour before a show; he usually smashed one every show, and hten picked up a new one at the next city. Crazy, eh?

~Incidents

pony's right-
i've heard stories of kurt scrambling to find a guitar, a half-hour before a show; he usually smashed one every show, and hten picked up a new one at the next city. Crazy, eh?

~Incidents

thanks alot for the info its much appreciated

thanks alot for the info its much appreciated

Cobain used fender japanes strats and fender mustangs.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?

Cobain used fender japanes strats and fender mustangs.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?

I sure hope he didn't smash the mosrite. Those things are damn expensive, and half of them get bought up by rich japanese collectors (that don't even play) before anyone else gets a chance at them!

I sure hope he didn't smash the mosrite. Those things are damn expensive, and half of them get bought up by rich japanese collectors (that don't even play) before anyone else gets a chance at them!

Guitar Hurricane

He has a new fender guitar out called the jagstand, in which he basically takes a bass body, combines it with elemetns of fender jags and fender mustangs. Still not something i would buy unless i was in a nirvana cover band.
WWSD? What would stevie do?

He has a new fender guitar out called the jagstand, in which he basically takes a bass body, combines it with elemetns of fender jags and fender mustangs. Still not something i would buy unless i was in a nirvana cover band.
WWSD? What would stevie do?