I remember when

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > I remember when

nigelcoughlin

Originally Posted by: hunter1801
Seems like you made the thread just to complain.

I did not intended it that way. I was just surprised that it had become a pay site. I never expected the thread too take off either.

but I guess i can see how it can be see as a complaint. I wouldn't disagree with you.

I do NOT however, understand your attitude of expecting it to be free.

I don't really expect it too be free anymore, as it isn't a free site ANYMORE. The only real qualm I had or have is that the site Guitartricks.com WAS a free site. I came too it, expecting it too be free because it WAS free. I dont see what is so hard for people too grasp about this.

so you demand it to be free for you since you are on disability and can't afford it.

The only reason I brought up the fact I was on disability Is because someone scoffed at me not being able too afford the 15 dollars. like everyone should be able too afford 15 dollars. That is not the case. Not everyone is so lucky.
And i never demanded anything. Everyone is just putting words in my mouth.

You can't even begin to mentally grasp the amount of free knowledge there is on the internet related to guitar.

....really....What do you take me for? do you think i dont know how too use the search engine. Since I posted the first post I have found numerous sites that provide tones of information related to the learning guitar. Everything after the first post has nothing too do what that and everything to do with defending myself, more or less. I came too this site because I knew this site from the past.

I don't see the need for arguing whatever it is that you are arguing about.

I have been defending myself for the majority of the time.

Nobody is stopping you from sharing or asking for
information.

There cost are Stopping me from sharing. Why do i want too post and share my knowledge and get nothing from there site in return? That is silly. In my opinion.

That was YOUR choice and the decision is completely irrelevant to who started what, or what was said previously.

You are right. but I do not apologize.

There isn't a single thing you can say to me that will make me start calling you names.

You a good individual. I applaud you for it.

Have a nice day : )

Seems like you made the thread just to complain.

I did not intended it that way. I was just surprised that it had become a pay site. I never expected the thread too take off either.

but I guess i can see how it can be see as a complaint. I wouldn't disagree with you.

I do NOT however, understand your attitude of expecting it to be free.

I don't really expect it too be free anymore, as it isn't a free site ANYMORE. The only real qualm I had or have is that the site Guitartricks.com WAS a free site. I came too it, expecting it too be free because it WAS free. I dont see what is so hard for people too grasp about this.

so you demand it to be free for you since you are on disability and can't afford it.

The only reason I brought up the fact I was on disability Is because someone scoffed at me not being able too afford the 15 dollars. like everyone should be able too afford 15 dollars. That is not the case. Not everyone is so lucky.
And i never demanded anything. Everyone is just putting words in my mouth.

You can't even begin to mentally grasp the amount of free knowledge there is on the internet related to guitar.

....really....What do you take me for? do you think i dont know how too use the search engine. Since I posted the first post I have found numerous sites that provide tones of information related to the learning guitar. Everything after the first post has nothing too do what that and everything to do with defending myself, more or less. I came too this site because I knew this site from the past.

I don't see the need for arguing whatever it is that you are arguing about.

I have been defending myself for the majority of the time.

Nobody is stopping you from sharing or asking for
information.

There cost are Stopping me from sharing. Why do i want too post and share my knowledge and get nothing from there site in return? That is silly. In my opinion.

That was YOUR choice and the decision is completely irrelevant to who started what, or what was said previously.

You are right. but I do not apologize.

There isn't a single thing you can say to me that will make me start calling you names.

You a good individual. I applaud you for it.

Have a nice day : )

hunter1801

Originally Posted by: nigelcoughlin

There cost are Stopping me from sharing.

It doesn't cost you anything to post on the forums or share anything......

Why do i want too post and share my knowledge and get nothing from there site in return? That is silly. In my opinion.

That is selfish. In my opinion.

I'm not full access and I have never paid for anything from this site. That hasn't stopped me from coming to these forums and contributing/sharing for 7 years now. I have learned a TON from just these forums. If I have a question I ask. If I see a question I can answer, I answer. Your mentality of not wanting to share because you get "nothing in return" is just plain selfishness on your part. What do you expect to get in return? Money? I don't think so. You get knowledge in return. Isn't that what you want?

There cost are Stopping me from sharing.

It doesn't cost you anything to post on the forums or share anything......

Why do i want too post and share my knowledge and get nothing from there site in return? That is silly. In my opinion.

I'm not full access and I have never paid for anything from this site. That hasn't stopped me from coming to these forums and contributing/sharing for 7 years now. I have learned a TON from just these forums. If I have a question I ask. If I see a question I can answer, I answer. Your mentality of not wanting to share because you get "nothing in return" is just plain selfishness on your part. What do you expect to get in return? Money? I don't think so. You get knowledge in return. Isn't that what you want?

nigelcoughlin

Ya it is selfish. what did that guy say earlier, Their ain't no such thing as a free lunch. It works both ways? No?

but I do see your point, I guess the forums are full of people who don't have the money too pay and are all looking for help but I know no theory at all.
There is nothing i can share other then the way the old site worked, They had a way of posting tab. I could post some tab along with an audio clip of some licks and that is the only way i could benefit anyone. I was a rookie guitar player, then and really still am. I could not benefit anyone but the newest guitar player wanting too learn a few blues scales.
I can't answer any ones questions on anything because I understand nothing in the way of musical knowledge. I never took a lesson and i understand nothing but tab and that is a bare minimum. I never said I was some blazing guitar player who plays Stevie Ray or jimi hendrix.

If I have a question I ask. If I see a question I can answer, I answer. Your mentality of not wanting to share because you get "nothing in return" is just plain selfishness on your part.

You are a great person. The best kind. The kind that gives away his knowledge for free on a site that charges people too use the site. And doesn't expect or obviously want anything in return. you really do seem too be a nice person. But too me that is just ridiculous. If you feel you get enough from posting on the forums and are kind enough and knowledgeable enough too answer questions on the forums and feel this is retribution enough. I can understand that but I am not knowledgeable enough too post on the forums too either help anyone or too help myself learn about the guitar. I'm guitar illiterate. I do not know what any chord is called. I do not enough know what the notes on my guitar are. I don't know any scale names. I just play my guitar.

Thanks for taking the time too talk civil and i apologize if i have offended you in any manner. It was not intended.

have a nice day : )

Ya it is selfish. what did that guy say earlier, Their ain't no such thing as a free lunch. It works both ways? No?

but I do see your point, I guess the forums are full of people who don't have the money too pay and are all looking for help but I know no theory at all.
There is nothing i can share other then the way the old site worked, They had a way of posting tab. I could post some tab along with an audio clip of some licks and that is the only way i could benefit anyone. I was a rookie guitar player, then and really still am. I could not benefit anyone but the newest guitar player wanting too learn a few blues scales.
I can't answer any ones questions on anything because I understand nothing in the way of musical knowledge. I never took a lesson and i understand nothing but tab and that is a bare minimum. I never said I was some blazing guitar player who plays Stevie Ray or jimi hendrix.

If I have a question I ask. If I see a question I can answer, I answer. Your mentality of not wanting to share because you get "nothing in return" is just plain selfishness on your part.

You are a great person. The best kind. The kind that gives away his knowledge for free on a site that charges people too use the site. And doesn't expect or obviously want anything in return. you really do seem too be a nice person. But too me that is just ridiculous. If you feel you get enough from posting on the forums and are kind enough and knowledgeable enough too answer questions on the forums and feel this is retribution enough. I can understand that but I am not knowledgeable enough too post on the forums too either help anyone or too help myself learn about the guitar. I'm guitar illiterate. I do not know what any chord is called. I do not enough know what the notes on my guitar are. I don't know any scale names. I just play my guitar.

Thanks for taking the time too talk civil and i apologize if i have offended you in any manner. It was not intended.

have a nice day : )

Jerry Dylan

Since you are a user you can use most of the forum and if you have any questions we can all try to help you and you can try to help other people too. You can still get lots of good use out of this site. I sympathize with your situation but just because you can't afford the full membership doesn't mean you can't still get benefit from the site. Thanks for posting and I wish you the best.

Since you are a user you can use most of the forum and if you have any questions we can all try to help you and you can try to help other people too. You can still get lots of good use out of this site. I sympathize with your situation but just because you can't afford the full membership doesn't mean you can't still get benefit from the site. Thanks for posting and I wish you the best.

nigelcoughlin

Thanks Jerry.

If I have any questions I know where too post

: )

Thanks Jerry.

If I have any questions I know where too post

: )

G1619T

Full Access

I remember when:

I could go backstage and meet the band or talk to them at the side of the stage. The Stones, Kinks, The Who; many of these groups played smaller venues during the mid 60's than today. When the groups welcomed new comers to their music. When you had a choice of "Black Diamond" Round Wound or Flat Wound Strings to mix and match. When a Les Paul cost me $275,a Strat $225 or an SG $200 (around 1970-72). When tube amps were the norm and an expensive one was around $175. I know I'm showing my age. I was given a 1959 Les Paul (in 1968) for helping out a neighbor or a 1964 Gretch White Falcon for baby sitting the Majors twins across the hall with out pay for a year (not all at the same time!!!) in our apartment (in Germany, I was an Army Brat). People were giving, and cost/collectors value never entered their minds. Musicians were always sharing their secrets or something new they learned. I remember.......well you get the picture. No reason to bitch about the cost of these lessons. They are a best buy. I'm re-learning everything I've forgotten.
G1619T

I remember when:

I could go backstage and meet the band or talk to them at the side of the stage. The Stones, Kinks, The Who; many of these groups played smaller venues during the mid 60's than today. When the groups welcomed new comers to their music. When you had a choice of "Black Diamond" Round Wound or Flat Wound Strings to mix and match. When a Les Paul cost me $275,a Strat $225 or an SG $200 (around 1970-72). When tube amps were the norm and an expensive one was around $175. I know I'm showing my age. I was given a 1959 Les Paul (in 1968) for helping out a neighbor or a 1964 Gretch White Falcon for baby sitting the Majors twins across the hall with out pay for a year (not all at the same time!!!) in our apartment (in Germany, I was an Army Brat). People were giving, and cost/collectors value never entered their minds. Musicians were always sharing their secrets or something new they learned. I remember.......well you get the picture. No reason to bitch about the cost of these lessons. They are a best buy. I'm re-learning everything I've forgotten.
G1619T

Sgt Tee

It was the 60's man and love was in the air, peace

It was the 60's man and love was in the air, peace