Arpegios

Guitar Tricks Forum > Music Theory > Arpegios

is Super Fabulous

Re: frank Gambale

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chris mood
I've been trying to find some new stuff to listen to, but nobodys really grabbed my attention over the years...[/QUOTE]

If you want interesting, check out the Liquid Tension Project with John Pettrucci. He's got the drummer from Dream Theatre (Portnoi? . . . don't know how to spell it) on there with him.

Insane rhythms, ripping licks, and unexpected modulations. It'll keep you on your toes.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chris mood
I've been trying to find some new stuff to listen to, but nobodys really grabbed my attention over the years...[/QUOTE]

If you want interesting, check out the Liquid Tension Project with John Pettrucci. He's got the drummer from Dream Theatre (Portnoi? . . . don't know how to spell it) on there with him.

Insane rhythms, ripping licks, and unexpected modulations. It'll keep you on your toes.

MORE COWBELL!

Funny

Okay, so I left out the r. I'll neve do it again.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay

Funny

Okay, so I left out the r. I'll neve do it again.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay

[QUOTE]Here's the guys I've been listening to a lot over the years, any suggestions:
Robben Ford....Phish....Indigenous...SRV...Larry Carlton
Pat Metheny...Hendrix...Jimmy Bruno...Pat Martino
Mike Stern [/B][/QUOTE]

Chris, If you want to see a guitarist who will just flat out blow you away, go and see Jimmy Bruno. I know you said that you've been listening to him recently, but to actually see him perform is something else. (You do live in Philly so I assume that you've seen him. If not, go ....asap !!!) Also, he uses this "economy picking" technique which is different than Frank Gambale's, but I like it much more since it's not based on that whole three notes per string concept. Also, if you like blues, go and see Buddy Guy. He also puts on a pretty good show as well. He was at the Keswick not that long ago and seems to come around the area every year or so.

[Edited by trebledamage on 11-18-2001 at 10:21 PM]

[QUOTE]Here's the guys I've been listening to a lot over the years, any suggestions:
Robben Ford....Phish....Indigenous...SRV...Larry Carlton
Pat Metheny...Hendrix...Jimmy Bruno...Pat Martino
Mike Stern [/B][/QUOTE]

Chris, If you want to see a guitarist who will just flat out blow you away, go and see Jimmy Bruno. I know you said that you've been listening to him recently, but to actually see him perform is something else. (You do live in Philly so I assume that you've seen him. If not, go ....asap !!!) Also, he uses this "economy picking" technique which is different than Frank Gambale's, but I like it much more since it's not based on that whole three notes per string concept. Also, if you like blues, go and see Buddy Guy. He also puts on a pretty good show as well. He was at the Keswick not that long ago and seems to come around the area every year or so.

[Edited by trebledamage on 11-18-2001 at 10:21 PM]

High Bandwidth

Hey man, sounds like your from the area, you should E-mail me sometime let me know what your up too.
Very familiar w/Jimmy Bruno, been going to see him play since the early 90's, just watching him perform is an eduction. I also took lessons w/him for about 3 months, some of the best lessons I ever had, really changed my outlook on things. He is THE MAN!!

Hey man, sounds like your from the area, you should E-mail me sometime let me know what your up too.
Very familiar w/Jimmy Bruno, been going to see him play since the early 90's, just watching him perform is an eduction. I also took lessons w/him for about 3 months, some of the best lessons I ever had, really changed my outlook on things. He is THE MAN!!

Jimmy Bruno

Actually, I've been taking lessons from Jimmy Bruno for about a month now. I agree with you. He has totally changed the way I approach playing. How come you stopped taking lessons from him?

Jimmy Bruno

Actually, I've been taking lessons from Jimmy Bruno for about a month now. I agree with you. He has totally changed the way I approach playing. How come you stopped taking lessons from him?

Bur finally what is "Appegio"??

Bur finally what is "Appegio"??

High Bandwidth

Jerk
Check page 1 for what a arppegio is!

Mark
yours truly Mark Toman

Jerk
Check page 1 for what a arppegio is!

Mark
yours truly Mark Toman