Silk and steel changed the whole game

jadaldouglas
jadaldouglas
11/29/2020 9:55 am

So I decided to take my old Yamaha beginners acoustic into the local guitar shop yesterday. Just to have the expert look it over and tell me if I should have it set up because the evil strings even after a couple of weeks were still giving my fingertips hell. Boy did it need some attention! [br]In a nutshell the guy made some adjustments and also offered to switch me over to silk and steel strings because he was restringing it anyway. WOOOOWWWW. I went from practicing for 10 minutes before giving up due to the discomfort to not being able to put my guitar down! 2 hours in I had to force myself to take a break lol! Also... why did no one tell me how freakin awesome straps are!!?? LOL. I didn't know that just a few minor changes like new special strings and using a strap could make such a difference. I'm so happy now! [br]FYI if you are just getting started like me and using an old guitar you have had lying around for years or that someone gifted you please take it in and have it set up. It will make a world of difference and it costs next to nothing.

# 1
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
11/29/2020 12:47 pm

I, too, fell in love with silk and steel for similar reasons. Unfortunately for me at least, the tone and the way they never quite sounded in tune made me reluctantly give them up.

But I miss them. Now that I have a new and better guitar, I may try again... they are like playing on gossamer strings...

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.