a couple of questions

Oscarocker
Oscarocker
02/14/2018 4:35 pm

Hello. I just wanted to know how importat is in this course (and for learning guitar in general) the whammy bar. I can´t install this thing, I don´t know if it is a problem with the guitar or the bar, but I haven´t been able to put the bar on its place.

I´m just a beguinner (I´m learning how to play Hickory Ridge) but I was wondering if it is a good idea to learn more difficult songs (I have in mind one of T Rex) for someone that is just starting. What easy rock songs would you recomend me?

Muchas gracias :)

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/14/2018 6:36 pm

Hi Oscarocker,

The whammy bar isn't crucial, it only adds a little emphasis if you want to add tremolo effect to your playing.

For a long time I played and learned tons of stuff without a whammy bar, and even now, I rarely use it. It really depends on what type of songs and styles you're going for. If yo're a beginner, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Also, what type of guitar do you have? If it's a Stratocaster-style guitar, the bar usually screws in, requiring you to turn it like you would a screw. I know some other ones, simply have you push down and it locks into place, but those aren't as common I think.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.