Changing Acoustic Strings

08/26/2000 5:59 pm
Ok I know this forum is more oriented towards electric guitar, but I'm desperate. I bought a new set of acoustic guitar strings today and decided it was about time to change them (I've never replaced acoustic strings before). I consulted a website and decided I could handle it. So I used pliers to pull the pin out of the bridge and took off the sixth string, but now when I try to put the pin back on, it won't stay! No matter how hard I push it won't stay locked in there. Help!
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
08/26/2000 9:55 pm
they don't lock in until you wind up the string. just get it tight in there whith the ball end of the string under the tip. pull the string firmly and push the pin down. string up and it will wedge in there.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

08/27/2000 12:52 am
Thanks a lot! I did what you said and it worked (although it's probably the worst stringing job known to man). Maybe that's something you could put on the beginner thing you're coming up with (maybe you already have it, I dunno). Such a simple little thing that held me down! I was ready to take my guitar over to an experienced player who lives down the street, that would have been embarrasing!
# 3

08/27/2000 12:58 am
Thanks a lot! I did what you said and it worked (although it's probably the worst stringing job known to man). Maybe that's something you could put on the beginner thing you're coming up with (maybe you already have it, I dunno). Such a simple little thing that held me down! I was ready to take my guitar over to an experienced player who lives down the street, that would have been embarrasing!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.