Jason isbell and the 400 unit

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Jason isbell and the 400 unit

kevin067

I just stumbled onto this guy/band and can't stop listening to their latest album, "The Nashville Sound". Don't let the album name fool you, they're not exactly country. Not sure exactly that to call them except GOOD!

Its free to listen to on Amazon prime, if you have it.

I never planned or aspired to be a song writer but, if I did, I would hope to right stuff like this.

I just stumbled onto this guy/band and can't stop listening to their latest album, "The Nashville Sound". Don't let the album name fool you, they're not exactly country. Not sure exactly that to call them except GOOD!

Its free to listen to on Amazon prime, if you have it.

I never planned or aspired to be a song writer but, if I did, I would hope to right stuff like this.

idris1000

Full Access

Jason Isbell is one of my absolute favourites and - whisper this quietly - but he is genuinly up there with may of the greats in my humble opinion. Stylistically I guess he cuts across rock, country, alt country, americana, Southern, folk but you're absoultely right its better to just call just damn good music.

I appreciate I'm a little late replying but came upon your post running a search on 'Jason Isbell'; anyway just in case if youv'e not your found some of his other work take a look at his 'South Eastern', 'Here we rest' and 'Something more than free' albums which are some of his more recent albums to much critical acclaim. Equally amazing is a solid and vast back catalogue of work with his old band The Driveby Truckers (amazing stuff, I particularly like The Dirty South and Decoration Day)

Jason Isbell is one of my absolute favourites and - whisper this quietly - but he is genuinly up there with may of the greats in my humble opinion. Stylistically I guess he cuts across rock, country, alt country, americana, Southern, folk but you're absoultely right its better to just call just damn good music.

I appreciate I'm a little late replying but came upon your post running a search on 'Jason Isbell'; anyway just in case if youv'e not your found some of his other work take a look at his 'South Eastern', 'Here we rest' and 'Something more than free' albums which are some of his more recent albums to much critical acclaim. Equally amazing is a solid and vast back catalogue of work with his old band The Driveby Truckers (amazing stuff, I particularly like The Dirty South and Decoration Day)