Underrated and overrated guitarists

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Underrated and overrated guitarists

fireandflames84

Over rated guys for me are guys like polyphia, and modern stuff of that genre, to similar sounding. Their albums are almost like 1 hour long songs rather than a varied journey.

Under-rated guys for me are Tramaine, Marco Sfogli and Al Jospeh. All of these put music first. In particular, Tramaine is known for shredding at stupid speeds accurately, yet sparingly does it on his album 'Heavy balance'. Which I thought was a great sign of how an artist should approach guitar music

Over rated guys for me are guys like polyphia, and modern stuff of that genre, to similar sounding. Their albums are almost like 1 hour long songs rather than a varied journey.

Under-rated guys for me are Tramaine, Marco Sfogli and Al Jospeh. All of these put music first. In particular, Tramaine is known for shredding at stupid speeds accurately, yet sparingly does it on his album 'Heavy balance'. Which I thought was a great sign of how an artist should approach guitar music

PhxSon

Full Access

Originally Posted by: JonChorba
I always thought Lindsay Buckingham was always underrated.

I only had to go back a few pages to find it. I've said this for years.

Listen to "Rumors". It's a masterclass in phrasing.

Originally Posted by: JonChorba
I always thought Lindsay Buckingham was always underrated.

I only had to go back a few pages to find it. I've said this for years.

Listen to "Rumors". It's a masterclass in phrasing.

Tomas E

Full Access

over rated i a long time have feeled yngwie malmsteen. He is a good player but i kinda feel he hardly go outside his comfortzone. There is more over rated players to ofcourse.

Under rated i see curt cobain. Ok he no longer live but alot of people says he cant play guitar good. But in my opinion he was actually alot better then alot gived him credit for.

over rated i a long time have feeled yngwie malmsteen. He is a good player but i kinda feel he hardly go outside his comfortzone. There is more over rated players to ofcourse.

Under rated i see curt cobain. Ok he no longer live but alot of people says he cant play guitar good. But in my opinion he was actually alot better then alot gived him credit for.

bbriant

Full Access

Underrated Joe Brown

Underrated Joe Brown

casper27292

Just in my opinion, I think one of the most underrated guitar players is C.C Deville from poison, I just liked his style, and how he came out into his lead solos.

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

"Jimi Hendrix"

Just in my opinion, I think one of the most underrated guitar players is C.C Deville from poison, I just liked his style, and how he came out into his lead solos.

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

"Jimi Hendrix"

weldfabricate

Full Access

Under-rated! Then it has to be Peter Green (Ex-Peter B's Looners, Ex-Bluesbreakers, Founder Fleetwood Mac, Ex-Splinter Group).

He has the blues oozing from his fingers and such tones one can only dream of. He is missed from most "Best 100 Guitarists" lists or placed way down.

When EC left the Bluesbreakers for a jaunt abroad then Mike Vernon asked Mayall who would he get to replace Eric and he replied Don't worry, we got someone better & introduced him to Peter Green. BB King said, the only guitarist to give me the cold sweats was Peter Green.

Definately one of the best guitarists ever. If you aint heard him then take a listen to him play

Under-rated! Then it has to be Peter Green (Ex-Peter B's Looners, Ex-Bluesbreakers, Founder Fleetwood Mac, Ex-Splinter Group).

He has the blues oozing from his fingers and such tones one can only dream of. He is missed from most "Best 100 Guitarists" lists or placed way down.

When EC left the Bluesbreakers for a jaunt abroad then Mike Vernon asked Mayall who would he get to replace Eric and he replied Don't worry, we got someone better & introduced him to Peter Green. BB King said, the only guitarist to give me the cold sweats was Peter Green.

Definately one of the best guitarists ever. If you aint heard him then take a listen to him play

bbriant

Full Access

Hendrix on acoustic.

I saw him playing blues on an acoustic before he was famous.

most of the stuff he played later was for the fans and the record companies.

Hendrix on acoustic.

I saw him playing blues on an acoustic before he was famous.

most of the stuff he played later was for the fans and the record companies.