ZAKK WYLDE FAN

THE PHYRGIAN LORD
THE PHYRGIAN LORD
09/10/2001 5:52 pm
Is there anyone out there that likes zakk wylde?

i first heard him on a masterclass lesson on a guitar magazine i was blown away by his skill and technique the way he mixes country with metal the man is a shredmachine his picking is unbelievable and his use of pinched harmonics are awesome there was a lesson by him on picking techniques and he is so a perfectionist (you can tell i think hes rubish really lol) anyhow i had to go and buy his cds what do you guys think of him?
rock hard rock heavy rock animal
# 1
MorseRulez
MorseRulez
09/11/2001 11:58 pm
yea i heard of him! i love his aggressive style and the squeals (pinch harmonics). he's a bad one!
# 2
guitargod420
guitargod420
09/12/2001 10:48 pm
HELL YEAH ZAKK WYLDE IS THE BADEST GUITAR PLAYER ALIVE HES MY ALL TIME FAVORTIE. NO BODY AND I MEAN NO BODY PLAYS LIKE HIM NOT EVEN VAI OR SATCH THE MAN IS A FU$K@NG GENUIS
IM TELLING U DEFINITLY GET INTO IS MUSIC U CAN LEARN SO MUCH FROM HIM AND REALLY KICK ASS CD TO GET IS OZZY LOUD AND LIVE THERE IS A GUITAR SOLO ON THERE THAT WILL STRAIGHT BLOW U AWAY THE WAY HE TOOK GREAT SONGS LIKE CRAZY TRAIN, MR. CROWLEY, AND OTHER SONGS AND PUT IS SOUND AND STYLE INTO JUST KICK ASS HES THE MASTER OF PINCH HARMONICS HELL YEA IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO BRING HIM UP

DEFINITLY CHECK HIM OUT

# 3
Joseph
Joseph
09/14/2001 3:18 am
Randy Rhodes, this man was definitely the best guitarist who ever worked with Ozzy. He just has thast special something about him, where no matter what he was playing we all took notice.

After his death, death guitarists have come and gone, and throughout Ozzy's replacement process Zakk Wylde was definiytey a strong choice. He kind of picked up from where randy left off. Although he style varied from Rhodes, he definitely increased our energy level level whenever Ozzy hit the stage.

I'm not sure of how many of you guys have seen Ozzy on stasge, at his best, but he definitely has a good ear for music,m and when it comes to choosing the right guy to work with. Zakk definitelt worked wel under the circumstances. Rock on Zakk!!!

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 4
djloverboy
djloverboy
11/20/2001 4:55 am
I think the guy is great! I love the way he gave some meat & feel to all the tracks on the new Ozzy album. Too bad he doidn;t get o write any of his own riffs this time. HE is a one of a kind guitarist with a great style of his own. He could never replace Randy , but Zakk has brought Ozzy back into the forefront Of the metal heap
# 5
guitargod420
guitargod420
11/22/2001 2:28 am
ZAKK REALLY ROCKS ON THE NEW OZZY CD, IT WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN I EXPECTED BUT IT STILL ROCKS LIKE A MOTHER FU%K@R, ZAKK IS THE MAN,

HAS ANYONE HEARD ZAKK WYLDES FARM FIDDLIN DEFIENTLY KICK ASS THATS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT ZAKK IS HIS MANY DIFFERENT STYLES OF GUITAR PLAYIN
PEACE
# 6
u10ajf
u10ajf
11/27/2001 4:08 pm
Hello there!

I've only heard a little bit of Zakk Wylde and want to hear some more. I love quality shredding but some of it really turns my head off 'cause I like stuff that varies in pace and mood. Anyone got any particular recommendations?
What is this Ozzy Album he's on?

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 7
djloverboy
djloverboy
11/27/2001 5:10 pm
ZAKK CAN BE FOUND ON THE FOLLOWING OZZY CD'S
No Rest For the Wicked
No More Tears
Ozzmosis
Down to Earth (THE NEw One)

# 8
Skull Dragon
Skull Dragon
12/01/2001 8:44 pm
Unfortunately, Zakk didnt write anything for Down to Earth. His ideas were scrapped by Ozzy because "they sounded too Black Label".
Ozzy specifically said to Zakk here that they would do some writing again. This was a year and a half and an album later and I dont see Ozzy and Zakk writing music together.

Just to let everybody know, I have just about everything you need to know about Zakk, Black Label Society, Pride & Glory, and Ozzy on my site, http://www.BlackLabelSociety.net
MP3s, Guitar Tabs, Lyrics, a BB, ect...

# 9
u10ajf
u10ajf
12/10/2001 3:51 pm
Hi there,
I've just bought a Zakk Wylde solo album called book of shadows which can be bought from; (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004LMAJ/zakkwyldesoffici/107-8937820-1314965).
It wasn't what I expected i.e. lots of self-indulgent neo-classical widdling ( of which I feel that Tony MacAlpine is probably the best in the world) but instead was decidedly bluesy song-based rock album with plenty of acoustic parts. He's got a great voice, I like his tunes and there are some blistering solos in their too. I see why you guys rate him so highly.
If any of you are fans of SoundGarden you'll probably dig this too, there are some noteable similarities in style.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 10
djloverboy
djloverboy
12/10/2001 4:24 pm
I just saw Ozzy in concert on December 6th here in Chicago. Zakk was simply amazing. It's been years since I've heard a guitarist do a solo in concert and Zakk made the most of his spotlight. And in these tragic times , Zakk's version of the Star Spangled Banner was awesome. Besides Steve Vai , George Lynch , and others , It's nice to see someone who is not into the Nu-Metal Vibe. Ozzy's concert was a great change of pace from the likes of Korn , Stain'd , And Mudvayne. Long live guitar solos!!! Long Live Shredders!!!!
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.