The best concert you been to????

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > The best concert you been to????

R. Shackleferd

Gulf Coaster

Hmmm...prolly Pantera with Anthrax. Although spending New Year's Eve 2000 with ZZ Top here in Houston was quite an experience too. But like was already mentioned...so was that last Rush tour, they were flawless. But I've had fun at practically every concert I've been too, like a free Kenny Wayne Shepherd show down on the beach in Galveston. Maybe one of the most obscure concerts of note would be Leo Kottke.
As far as disappointments, the only ones that come to mind are Black Sabbath, and another particular ZZ Top show in the Astrodome (just cuz that place doesn't have very good acoustics).
"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein

Hmmm...prolly Pantera with Anthrax. Although spending New Year's Eve 2000 with ZZ Top here in Houston was quite an experience too. But like was already mentioned...so was that last Rush tour, they were flawless. But I've had fun at practically every concert I've been too, like a free Kenny Wayne Shepherd show down on the beach in Galveston. Maybe one of the most obscure concerts of note would be Leo Kottke.
As far as disappointments, the only ones that come to mind are Black Sabbath, and another particular ZZ Top show in the Astrodome (just cuz that place doesn't have very good acoustics).
"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein

rockonn91

Originally Posted by: Akira

Seeing Steve Vai this month (23rd). I can't wait. :D

mannnnn lucky.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast

Originally Posted by: Akira

Seeing Steve Vai this month (23rd). I can't wait. :D

mannnnn lucky.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast

Akira

Originally Posted by: rockonn91
mannnnn lucky.

Hoorar. :)
You can now find me >here

Originally Posted by: rockonn91
mannnnn lucky.

Hoorar. :)
You can now find me >here

bigbuda

Vote For Pedro

I was working Event Staff for a company in Amarillo and our boss asked us if we wanted to work a Metallica show in New Mexico. We said "of couse" and took off. It was in the Eastern New Mexico University football stadium and me and a friend got to work the stairs that lead up to the press box. It was pretty sweet, we had a birds eye view of it all. The bands, the mountains, man we got so stoned just chillin on those steps and got paid for it. It was in 93 i think. I remember when Metallica came on, this storm started movin in over the mountains and you could see all this lightening but it never rained. It was the shiznit!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:

I was working Event Staff for a company in Amarillo and our boss asked us if we wanted to work a Metallica show in New Mexico. We said "of couse" and took off. It was in the Eastern New Mexico University football stadium and me and a friend got to work the stairs that lead up to the press box. It was pretty sweet, we had a birds eye view of it all. The bands, the mountains, man we got so stoned just chillin on those steps and got paid for it. It was in 93 i think. I remember when Metallica came on, this storm started movin in over the mountains and you could see all this lightening but it never rained. It was the shiznit!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:

z0s0_jp

Riffologist

Originally Posted by: bigbuda

ride the lightning baby!!!!
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"

Originally Posted by: bigbuda

ride the lightning baby!!!!
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"

Raskolnikov

Guitar Tricks Moderator

Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709
I'll be seeing Children of Bodom and Trivium together in november. :D

Assuming I can get tickets before they sell out, should be seeing that same tour sometime in December.

Best show I've seen: Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals.

Honorable mentions: Primus, Clutch, Artimus Pyledriver, Hank Williams III, Five Horse Johnson, Stinking Lizaveta, Fishbone, The Aquabats, and Blues Traveler.

Worst band that I've seen (that wasn't some crap local Punk or Nu-Metal band): P.O.D. "Singer" actually managed to rap off key the whole night, the band was all-around sloppy and their songs did nothing to make up for any of it. Simply horrid.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

http://www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons

Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709
I'll be seeing Children of Bodom and Trivium together in november. :D

Assuming I can get tickets before they sell out, should be seeing that same tour sometime in December.

Best show I've seen: Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals.

Honorable mentions: Primus, Clutch, Artimus Pyledriver, Hank Williams III, Five Horse Johnson, Stinking Lizaveta, Fishbone, The Aquabats, and Blues Traveler.

Worst band that I've seen (that wasn't some crap local Punk or Nu-Metal band): P.O.D. "Singer" actually managed to rap off key the whole night, the band was all-around sloppy and their songs did nothing to make up for any of it. Simply horrid.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

http://www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons

x0o_BurnOut_o0x

Ive only been to one concert(Rascal Flatts) but they kicked ass, and I had so much fun, and thats saying something if countrys not my thing.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...

Ive only been to one concert(Rascal Flatts) but they kicked ass, and I had so much fun, and thats saying something if countrys not my thing.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...

stolly3

By far the best show I've seen would be The Cardboard Vampyres. They only are suppose to play 6 shows this year, if you get a chance you have to go. Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy are amazing together and their vocalist is awesome. They just play a bunch of cover songs with Alice In Chains songs thrown in. I saw the Doobie brothers, Allman Brothers, and Shinedown all at Summerfest this year, but Cardboard was the best show the whole week.

By far the best show I've seen would be The Cardboard Vampyres. They only are suppose to play 6 shows this year, if you get a chance you have to go. Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy are amazing together and their vocalist is awesome. They just play a bunch of cover songs with Alice In Chains songs thrown in. I saw the Doobie brothers, Allman Brothers, and Shinedown all at Summerfest this year, but Cardboard was the best show the whole week.

PRSplaya

Full Access

I've seen a butt load of concerts ranging from country to blues to full on metal. I have to say, the best cocert I've ever been to was AC/DC!. Amazing showmenship, and playability! Angus is a mad man, and all over the place!!!!!

Worst would probably have to be ZZ Topps, only because they just stood there and played and sang. Basically looked like they didn't give a **** about what they were playing or who they were playing for.... their FANS! They were opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd, which only put on a marginaly better show... only because they looked like they enjoyed what they were doing.
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

I've seen a butt load of concerts ranging from country to blues to full on metal. I have to say, the best cocert I've ever been to was AC/DC!. Amazing showmenship, and playability! Angus is a mad man, and all over the place!!!!!

Worst would probably have to be ZZ Topps, only because they just stood there and played and sang. Basically looked like they didn't give a **** about what they were playing or who they were playing for.... their FANS! They were opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd, which only put on a marginaly better show... only because they looked like they enjoyed what they were doing.
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

ZChixSoccer

Last year I went to the Relient K concert. They are so awesome. Everyone must go to at least one of their concerts....you will have a blast.

Last year I went to the Relient K concert. They are so awesome. Everyone must go to at least one of their concerts....you will have a blast.