The Deleo brothers and company...

Joseph
Joseph
02/15/2001 1:54 am
These guys are definitely true musicians, because they write their riffs and melodies from the heart. You know there were alot of great bands that stood out in the 90's, but not quite like Stone Temple Pilots. In the past several years since their formation in San Diego, this band has quickly proved themselves to be among the likeiest contenders in the volatile world of rock, (mainly because they have stuck to their roots.) Of course just like every successful rock band there are always accusations, they've been accused of jumping on the grunge bandwagon and have been vilified by the media, but this hasn't stopped them from building a strong worldwide following. Ever after their set back with Weiland's drug problems, they still came back for the attack with hard a creative grooves like never before. This band definitely deserves the recognition. How long have you liked their music, and which song definitely turned you on, and which album do you consider to be classic?

With alot of the fickle crap that has been coming out over the past few years, its refreshing to hear a band like STP, and to know that they are here to stay.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
02/19/2001 5:07 am
Am I the only one who has felt the effect from their killer live shows?

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/20/2001 10:42 pm
I am truely sorry to say that I have not had the privelege of seeing my favorite band live yet.

Tiny Music was the first CD I ever bought, and it's still one of my favorite albums. STP is truely a killer band, the bass and drums are always tight with eachother, the guitar parts are invariably twisted, and they aren't afraid to put "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" and "Big Bang Baby" on the same album as "And So I Know."

Talk Show was really good too, but I'm glad STP is back to doing it's thing; hopefully this time around I'll get a chance to see them. I just hope their next album is stronger than "#4."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
02/21/2001 3:54 am

Around the time when Tiny music came out I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed, it has that classic seventies rock sound to it, I just love it. Alot of people I know were disatisfied with the album, but I consider this album to be a classic, its just too bad that these guys were unable to tour sufficiently to support this album.

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.