Hi from West Sussex, UK

PeteCC
PeteCC
07/08/2020 4:58 pm

Hi all,

Greetings from the South coast of England, near the lovely city of Chichester.

At 52, I'm starting to fulfil a life-long held ambition to pick up the electric guitar and learn it!

Having had a lifetime of listening to Dave Gilmour, Gary Moore, Walter Becker, Angus Young, Mark Knopfler, Joe Bonamassa and Eric Clapton (amongst others!) it's time to see if I can do it as well.

I confess my first ''project'' once I achieve the standard to be able to attempt it, is Comfortably Numb - I have no idea how difficult it is as, Dave, with millions of hours under his fingers makes it look sooooo easy!

Anyhoo, I'm really enjoying Lisa's lessons so far, am looking forward to travelling through the Guitartricks process and also being a member of this community.

Stay safe all,

Pete

# 1
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
07/08/2020 5:26 pm

Pete,

Welcome and best of luck in your learning. And you have great taste in blues guitarists!

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 2
martinphillips286
martinphillips286
07/08/2020 8:07 pm

Hi Pete,

Martin here from East Sussex just outside Brighton. Apart from me being two years older it seems we're aiming for the same end result! Only had my electric guitar for two weeks and a member of GT since Sunday, but really enjoying the beginner lessons with Lisa. [br]Good luck buddy!

Martin

# 3
PeteCC
PeteCC
08/27/2020 9:49 am
Originally Posted by: martinphillips286

Hi Pete,

Martin here from East Sussex just outside Brighton. Apart from me being two years older it seems we're aiming for the same end result! Only had my electric guitar for two weeks and a member of GT since Sunday, but really enjoying the beginner lessons with Lisa. [br]Good luck buddy!

Martin

Thanks Martin, good luck you too! Being near Brighton, are you a customer of GAK?

# 4
martinphillips286
martinphillips286
08/27/2020 2:14 pm
Originally Posted by: PeteCC
Originally Posted by: martinphillips286

Hi Pete,

Martin

Thanks Martin, good luck you too! Being near Brighton, are you a customer of GAK?

Hi Pete,

Yes I bought my guitar and other bits from them, service was very good.

Martin

# 5
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
08/27/2020 2:23 pm
Originally Posted by: martinphillips286[quote=PeteCC][quote=martinphillips286]

Hi Pete,

Martin

Hi Pete and Martin

I'm not far from either of you. I am in Eastbourne and hoping to move to Brighton in the next few months. GAK is legendary and buy all my stuff from them.

I'm a few more years older than you guys (62) and been a member of GT for a few years now and it is awesome.

I did a few lessons with Andy (andyguitar.co.uk) who lives in Brighton too. Maybe well get to gig sometime?

Enjoy the ride guys.

# 6
jamesmostee
jamesmostee
09/09/2020 4:43 pm

I'm also looking the best instrument for me. I triend to play the turntable and it's good. You can see some best reviews here https://turntablegeek.com/under-500/

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.