7 Months to Complete Guitar Fundamentals 1

brandenrn
Full Access
brandenrn
Full Access
06/21/2020 5:00 am

Hi All!

Just wanted to share a bit about my journey thus far with guitar and Guitar Tricks. I am 48 years old with no prior musical training or experince. I bought a guitar in December of 2019 and started Guitar Fundamentals 1 a short time later and just completed GF1 a couple of days ago.

Through my journey, I set a pace that felt comfortable to me in terms of progress and effort while making sure I was still having fun. I feel I did a reasonable job on all fronts. I have played every single day since I began playing, whether it be 10 minutes or a couple of hours. Most days I divide my time between deliberate practice (usually following the GF curriculum) plus a healthy dose of noodling around on the couch.

As I approached the end of GF1, I looked back with equal thoughts of sadness, pride, and excitment. Sadness because I realized the initial phase of my guitar journey was coming to an end. Pride because, looking back, I see the amazing amount of progress I have made since I began. And finally, excitment as I look forward to things to come and what I will learn in GF2 and beyond.

Along the way I have had moments of triumph, frustration, and confusion...but more often than not...joy at what I am learning and how far I have progressed. I am far from a good guitarist, but I am light years ahead of where I was when I started. Thanks so much to Lisa for her excellent lessons and to this forum for the extraordinarly supportive community it provides. I look forward to the continued journey. I just wanted share this in the hope that it will provide support and perspective to someone else who is just starting their guitar journey!

Sincerely,

Branden

# 1
AustinUK___9teen70eight
Full Access
AustinUK___9teen70eight
Full Access
06/21/2020 7:05 am

Way to go , nice to read your enjoying yourself.

you've summed it up with frustrations & triumphs, I think that's most people's journey.

You think " man I'm never going to nail this chord/riff "

then next thing you know, your doing it with your eyes closed.

Good luck on GF 2 Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ėœ

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/21/2020 8:12 am

Good to hear Branden. Best of luck with F2

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
06/21/2020 11:54 am

Great job, Branden. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 4
mjgodin
mjgodin
06/21/2020 12:42 pm

Good job Branden, now GF2 is where things will ramp up a bit. Your gonna love it and hate it at the same time. Least that was my experience. Don't get discouraged, theres a lot of good stuff there, but any problems you have Lisa is very good at guiding you through. You can ask her questions directly in her thread at bottom of main screen. Also Chris, Carl and the other experts will offer their advice when needed. And of course, we're all here to cheer each other on whenever you feel the need as most of us have and continue to go through those same emotions with our own journeys just like you.

Best of luck,

Moe

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.