Fundamentals I and II—Lisa McCormack

chucknblitzer
chucknblitzer
06/03/2020 9:44 pm

Hello---I'm new to GuitarTricks and just starting the Fundamentals I module. My primary interest is the electric guitar, but virtually all of Lisa McCormick's tutorials are done on an acoustic. Is it ok if I work thru the Fundamentals I and II modules with an electric guitar versus an acoustic?

# 1
craigbrown1805
Full Access
craigbrown1805
Full Access
06/03/2020 11:34 pm

If you're intent on just playing an electric, I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking to it.

It'll certainly make things easier in terms of developing hand strength and hardening your finger tips. When I picked up guitar the first time around, back in my teens, I used an accoustic initially but switched to electric very quickly because I wanted to play in bands. Having come back to guitar *cough* years on, I've picked up my accoustic and now getting stuck into the first principals vids.

Unfortunately this has meant re-developing hand strength and, worst of all, hardening up my finger tips. So I would go with what suits your needs.

# 2
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
06/04/2020 1:50 am
Originally Posted by: chucknblitzer

Hello---I'm new to GuitarTricks and just starting the Fundamentals I module. My primary interest is the electric guitar, but virtually all of Lisa McCormick's tutorials are done on an acoustic. Is it ok if I work thru the Fundamentals I and II modules with an electric guitar versus an acoustic?

Everything that Lisa teaches in GF 1 is equally applicable for electric or acoustic, so if you like electric you don't need to switch. Lisa uses the electric guitar more in GF 2.

Welcome, and good luck![br][br]

Dave...

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/04/2020 12:00 pm

Just a quick good morning and welcome Chuck,

what Dave and Craig said.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
mcchuck47
Full Access
mcchuck47
Full Access
06/05/2020 5:39 pm

Welcome, I am in guitar fundamentals 2, currently moving into the Blues Core Learning lessons and I have always used an Electric Guitar. I have never played an acustic guitar and I'm a Lefty. Enjoy!!!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.