total noob

kallens27
kallens27
12/07/2019 4:02 am

I have always wanted to play the guitar and I have been spending most of my free time gaming and felt I needed to finally try it out. So I finally started a few days ago.Got a used electric '98 Yamaha Pacifica and a not great amp, but am having fun. I am learing Melodies and its a bit hard, but I feel I am making progress. Guitar Tricks is great, I played a few cords for my parents, and they were impressed.

I love Lisa McCormick! I feel like I couldn't have a better teacher!

P.S. My finger tips hurt XD

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/07/2019 5:25 am

Hi Kallen

Welcome and good luck

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
Joe105
Joe105
12/07/2019 10:09 am

Welcome Kallen,

I am pleased you are enjoying learning guitar.

Guitar Tricks is a great site. All the teachers are good.

I have just completed Core Lessons 1 & 2 and I learnt so much from Lisa. Yes she is very good.

The Yamaha Pacifica is a nice guitar and good for beginners.

Take it steady and don't rush. It will pay off in the end.

I wish you well .

Kind regards

Joe

# 3
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
12/07/2019 5:10 pm

@kallens27, I started trying to learn guitar a few years ago when Santa brought me a Yamaha Pacifica starter kit. After many months of practicing I decided I would progress a lot more if I had a "good" guitar. So I bought a Gibson Les Paul and Fender Blues Jr. amp.

And I did make progress. But, of course, that was because I practiced more because of the excitement of the new guitar.

Then after a few months I decided to pick up the poor, lonely little Pacifica that had been abandoned in the corner of my music room. Guess what?! It played great! Of course I didn't tell Mrs. Santa this The Yamaha Pacific has to be one of the most underrated, underappreciated guitars out there. Not just for the money but it's a nice guitar period. Being horribly affected by GAS I have since had to buy a Strat and PRS' and other guitars. But the Pacifica plays every bit as nice. My granddaughter is starting guitar and I got her a little acoustic. If she decides to go electric at some point it will be on my Pacifica.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 4
kallens27
kallens27
12/07/2019 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2

@kallens27, I started trying to learn guitar a few years ago when Santa brought me a Yamaha Pacifica starter kit. After many months of practicing I decided I would progress a lot more if I had a "good" guitar. So I bought a Gibson Les Paul and Fender Blues Jr. amp.

And I did make progress. But, of course, that was because I practiced more because of the excitement of the new guitar.

Then after a few months I decided to pick up the poor, lonely little Pacifica that had been abandoned in the corner of my music room. Guess what?! It played great! Of course I didn't tell Mrs. Santa this The Yamaha Pacific has to be one of the most underrated, underappreciated guitars out there. Not just for the money but it's a nice guitar period. Being horribly affected by GAS I have since had to buy a Strat and PRS' and other guitars. But the Pacifica plays every bit as nice. My granddaughter is starting guitar and I got her a little acoustic. If she decides to go electric at some point it will be on my Pacifica.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks,

I wanted a Pacifica, especially one that was made in Taiwan, as they are supposed to be high quailty builds. I kinda want to collect Pacificas now.

How cool that you picked the Pacifica back up and appreciated the little guy, cheers!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.