Newbie From Forney, Texas

Otto.F
Otto.F
06/08/2018 10:44 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've wanted to learn how to play the Guitar since my early 20's, but never seemed to have the time, or money. Life kept getting in the way. A trip through Memphis, and the Gibson factory last year, reignited my interest.

Last October I attended a large Guitar show in Dallas with my son, who plays, and got the bug. Bought a 1989 Epiphone Sheraton and a used Vox VT30 amp. I tried to learn on my own, and did take a couple of lessons, but they didn't seem to catch. After reading an article on the "Best Online Guitar Lessons" at EquipBoard.com, I decided that Guitar Tricks sounded like the best option for me. Very anxious to get started with the Guitar Fundamentals Level One.

My biggest concern, now at 74, is that I don't have the dexterity in my hands that I used to. At least I have plenty of time to practice.

Thanks for listening,

Otto...

# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/09/2018 11:44 am

Hi Otto,

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing you ‘in class!’

I work with lots of students your age and older, and many find that by taking their time, and being thorough yet gentle with the practice, the regain a lot of dexterity they thought had gone by the wayside!

Gentle though - it’s muscles and joints we’re talking about, so we want to ease them into it, just as you would if you were warming them up to learn to play a new sport.

Have fun!!!!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.