Hi everyone

kanner21
kanner21
02/10/2018 2:37 pm

My name is Anthony Kanner and I am a lifelong music lover. My first love was piano which eventually switched to guitar. Unfortunately, I have struggled with injuries related to playing. Another contributing factor is probably due to bad posture, heavy computer use growing up (big computer geek in the 90's), and working as a CPA at work behind a computer all day.

Late last year I re-injured myself (again) and I have been playing against myself with the fretboard trainer on GuitarTricks as I take time away from guitar and do physical therapy and acupuncture. I just got 41 sec on the fretboard trainer and aiming to get in the top all time scores. Also, I am trying to work on understanding theory, visualization, and ear training which will help me as I ease my way back into guitar. It was suggested to me by a classically trained musician that when I get better I should get classically trained so as to minimize the amount of tension I use when playing.

My musical tastes are diverse and most recently became intrigued by Wes Montgomery and Tosin Abasi. The latter of which I saw on tour with Periphery recently.

Personally I am about to welcome my first child, a baby boy named Hudson, in the next few weeks!

Looking forward to getting to know others on the site and learn as much as possible!

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/11/2018 7:35 pm

Hey & welcome to GT, Anthony!

Originally Posted by: kanner21

Late last year I re-injured myself (again) and I have been playing against myself with the fretboard trainer on GuitarTricks as I take time away from guitar and do physical therapy and acupuncture.[/quote][p]Ouch! Take the necessary time to recover. Learning to play with a minimum of tension is is always great technique & will definitely help you.

[quote=kanner21]

Personally I am about to welcome my first child, a baby boy named Hudson, in the next few weeks!

Wow! Congrats! Best of success with your guitar learning & playing.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.