Tab help.... and Hello to the forum

randymorin
Full Access
randymorin
Full Access
01/03/2018 1:32 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum. I joined the site about a month ago and because I have only been playing guitar for 2 years (46 yrs old) I started at the beginning of the beginner series so I wouldnt miss anything. LOts of review of course but its a good way to get acclimated to the site.

My first big issue is trying to play the "songs". My issue is the TAB is not available to print. I thought when I joined this would be a no brainer. I thought the TAB is a fundamental part of learning to play the guitar and lessons involving a song would include the music that the instructor is trying to teach you. Being able to print this music out and have it next to the monitor is sooo important for a beginner.

So my question is....what are other beginners doing to get around this problem when the TAB is copywrited and unavailable for printing.

Thanks in advance.

Frustrated......Randy.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/03/2018 6:09 pm

Hi Randymorin,

It's true, you're not allowed access to a printable version of the song tabs. This is due to the licensing agreements of these songs. With that being said, a great way to see the notation with the video, side by side, is by using our new lesson view page.

You can access the new lesson view page by clicking the button at the top of each lesson, it's a green bar.

If your screen supports the resolution, the tabs will be placed side by side, next to the video. Hope that helps!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
randymorin
Full Access
randymorin
Full Access
01/04/2018 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Admin.

I will click the New Lesson View and try that.

If the Tab scrolls down as the song progresses that would be ok.

When you advertise how many songs the sight supports I assumed that meant you had purchased some rights to allow access to the TaB. Printing the Tab out for reference is so fundamental in learning and to play what we are learning when we are away from the computer screen...dissapointed.

Maybe cost prohibited I guess?

Sooo....are people (beginners) hand writing out all there Tabs so they arent tied to playing only while the computer is in front of them?

# 3
jhsidoc
jhsidoc
07/10/2020 4:03 am

Would love to know the answer to this question as I also just started with this program. [br][br]

Thanks, Jan

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.