Noobie Mc Noobpants!

vlazlow
Full Access
vlazlow
Full Access
10/30/2017 2:59 pm

Howdy,

New guy here!

I took guitar lesson in middle school, way back in the 70s, the five basic cords, simple melodies, “Mary Had a Little Lamb” and stuff like that. For our recital we did, however, play the rhythm for Bob Dylan’s “Lay Lady Lay, how un-PC is that! The 70s where a whole lot groovier than today! But I digress.

In late high school I tried picking up guitar again but with no real instruction or direction. I got nowhere.

Finished college, got married, kids, job. Blah, blah, blah. No time or space to ever pick it back up.

Fast forward. At 52, I decided to try and learn the guitar, correctly, for once and all. I did a LOT of research and one program kept coming up on the tops of the list (I bet y ’all can guess what it was :-) )

I have enjoyed the three weeks I have been working through the beginner’s lessons. So much so, I bought a year’s subscription.

I know a little about adult learning theory and your program seems to have hit the nail on the head. It is not patronizing, engaging and having us learn simple songs at our skill level reinforces the experience. See, Hear, Do!

Great job GT and look forward to sharing this adventure together!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/30/2017 5:42 pm

You've come to the right place! Happy you joined and eager to see your progress. Feel free to share any questions you have - our forum stays pretty active, and we're always here to help!

[br]WELCOME!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
johnv31552
johnv31552
10/30/2017 8:12 pm

Welcome Lazlo. I was in the same situation as you but maybe a bit older than you. I am 66 this coming March and a year ago I picked up the guitar again and Guitar Tricks was a god send. I played garage band rock and roll in the 60's and then didnt touch a guitar for 50 years. I am lucky enough to have finished Fundamentals 1 and 2 within about six months and have now moved on to Country 1. I learned one thing about myself. I am a procrastinator when it comes to practice but since I am retired within the last couiple weeks since its coming into winter, I set aside 2 hours a day to practice. It working well and you found the right sitre to learn. Can't say enough good things about Guitar Tricks!! Welcome!!!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.