hi im new

dumbsob316
dumbsob316
04/26/2012 4:01 am
i just wanted to say hi, i went and bought a new guitar the other day. i really want to learn how to play so i decided to join this web site. can i ask how long it took for yall? i tried to learn a while back but eventually quit out of frustration. now that im older and wiser i want to learn the right way and not just looking for the easiest tabs i can find. i took one lesson a long time ago and that was it, nothing i gained from tho. im trying on here now, im at the f major chord part and im really bad at making that note work for me. oh well, thanks and hello.
# 1
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
04/26/2012 6:32 am
Originally Posted by: dumbsob316i just wanted to say hi, i went and bought a new guitar the other day. i really want to learn how to play so i decided to join this web site. can i ask how long it took for yall? i tried to learn a while back but eventually quit out of frustration. now that im older and wiser i want to learn the right way and not just looking for the easiest tabs i can find. i took one lesson a long time ago and that was it, nothing i gained from tho. im trying on here now, im at the f major chord part and im really bad at making that note work for me. oh well, thanks and hello.

To be 100% truthful it took me say 2 months to memorize all of fundementals 1&2 rock 1&2 blues 1&2 saying i spent atleast 8 hours aday some days i didnt play for a few days as to re excite my passion for music but the instructors our amazingly simple to understand it shouldnt take anytime keep playing brother
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai
# 2
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/26/2012 8:44 am
Originally Posted by: dumbsob316can i ask how long it took for yall?

Hey!

Well, I think we're all still learning, I know I am, and that's after 15-16 years of playing a lot. :)

I guess it depends on how you define "knowing how to play the guitar". If you stay focused and practice every day it shouldn't be too long before you know the most common chords and chord relationships and you can play most simple songs.

My advice is that you should focus on what you think is fun, because that will make learning a natural thing that you don't have to think about.

Who's your favorite artist? Try to learn their songs along with going through the basic fundamentals/blues/rock courses. Or anything else that interests you.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.