Hello from Phoenix

letsbmx2
letsbmx2
11/05/2011 5:19 am
How's everybody doing? I have never played guitar, but I decided to go out and buy Yamaha acoustic today. Always wanted to learn, and now that I have to have surgery I figured what better time to learn than now!
Any tips/tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
# 1
OpenStrum
OpenStrum
11/05/2011 1:58 pm
Welcome to Guitar tricks! the guitar is an amazing instrument...electric and acoustic guitar. You'll have a blast at this site. I use to have full access to the site awhile ago but with that deal going on I'll get the full access again.

Practice 30-45 minutes a day and sooner than later you'll really start to progress. Also, learn as many scales as you can (with a metronome) as that will help build up finger speed and strength.

Have fun making music!

# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
11/05/2011 6:44 pm
Hi,

Good move on buying a guitar and picking up this habit, it's brought me a lot of satisfaction over the years.

My advice if you're just starting out: go through the Core Learning System from the beginning and soak everything in, it's best to learn to play correctly from the beginning. This will make things a lot easier down the road. It's takes a little while to soak it all in at first but it's so worth it.

Welcome to Guitar Tricks! :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.