Back In The Saddle

Vohx
Vohx Rocks!
Vohx
Vohx Rocks!
11/04/2011 3:30 pm
Hey Everyone. I just signed up this morning and wanted to say hello to everyone. I used to play guitar when I was in high school, but have been trying to find the motivation to play again. Til now my several guitars have just been collector's items displayed, but not played. I was self taught so I will basically be starting from the ground up again. I bought a new guitar almost two months ago as motivation to play again. I look forward to playing again. Now I just need to decide what style I would like to learn on. I would love to play country and classic acoustic like The Eagles, but have also always wanted to learn Jazz, Classic Rock, and Blues electric like greats such as Santana and Clapton. So many styles! I have both electrics and acoustics. Any advise as to which is easier to learn on and whick style may be more all encompassing to start with and easier to branch out from? Thanks for your advice. Need to keep this motivation going!

Thanks,
# 1
APodesta
APodesta
11/07/2011 2:32 pm
Hi Vohx, I'm not one of the instructors here so don't listen too closely. It's usually a lot easier to learn on an electric guitar than an accoustic. I've got both and there's no comparison really. As for which genre to learn - that's a toughy. I am going the part two of the core lessons and I think I'm going to go on to do Blues, Rock and Country in that core lesson area and then decide what to progress to. Good luck and I hope you stick around.

Anthony.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.