It feels different this time

usarmymedicine
usarmymedicine
10/23/2011 1:02 am
So I bought my first cheap guitar about 18 years ago and sold after about a week. I tried again a few years later and gave it to my brother. Then about 3 years ago I decided enough was enough and bought my fender. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't give up and losing money tends to be a motivator. I found G-Tricks and started looking at lessons. I think I got through about 10 when work interrupted (I'm military), and the fender went into storage mode.

I'm am happy to say things are much calmer now and I have played everyday for the past 9 weeks. I have already been through Fundamentals 1 and 2 and feel like Chris Schlegel is one of the family. I keep expecting him to walk through the door and ask me how practice is going. Anyways, I'm almost through rock lesson one and I am really enjoying it. I work about an hour on basics, pentatonics, strumming etc. and then sit back and make up riffs and stuff for another hour. The time goes so quickly its crazy.

It's good to be back and thank you for all the hard work you have put into everything to make this such a great place to learn.
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/24/2011 12:35 am
Thanks for sharing your backstory. :)
Originally Posted by: usarmyaviation
I'm am happy to say things are much calmer now and I have played everyday for the past 9 weeks. I have already been through Fundamentals 1 and 2 and feel like Chris Schlegel is one of the family. I keep expecting him to walk through the door and ask me how practice is going.

LOL. Knock, knock. Hey, how's practice going? :p

Glad you are enjoying GT & my lessons. Let us know how it goes. Have fun! :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.