Acoustic shopping...

Nivek
Nivek
02/06/2001 1:34 am
Hey everyone, here is yet another "tell me what to buy question" but i see so many of those for electric. I've been playing a used mex. strat for a year (which i love, wouldnt give for no other) but im looking to get a beautiful sounding acoustic. I really want the Dave Matthews esque acoustic sound (so ive been staring at a really low end Martin for around $450 - $550) but i was wondering if anyone can give me some of their verteran advice on the subject cause i can use all i can get. Thanks!
# 1
fenderstrat
fenderstrat
02/06/2001 10:15 pm
hey i'm new to the forum but i am actually looking to buy me another acoustic in the near future. presently i'm playing an old f65 fender acoustic (its got pearl inlays and a pearl ring around the sound hole its really nice)and its got decent sound. i'm considering a sigma acoustic and maybe u should look into them. my buddy got one about 6 months ago and i love it. great sound and its pretty to look at all shiny and new. they might have the sound your lookin for.
# 2
Nivek
Nivek
02/06/2001 11:04 pm
I visited musiciansfriend.com and checked out the sigmas...they're by martin, always nice, but do you know which one your buddy got? i hope i can find a dealer around hear cause i would really like to see how they sound and feel first...thanks for the advice!
# 3
fenderstrat
fenderstrat
02/06/2001 11:31 pm
not sure which model his is but its nice. oh and by the way i wouldn't suggest ordering from musicians friend.. i know someone who did that and ended up with a guitar he didnt really want. and they got the color he ordered wrong too hehe.. then he ordered an amp from them and he never got it for some reason but they refunded his money. i would suggest visiting a musicians friend store if their is one near by. i live reasonably close to one so thats where i do most of my shopping. well actually it was musicians friend then guitar center bought them out or something oh well thats a story for another day i guess
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.