Favorite gutars?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > Favorite gutars?

Jim Stanford

Full Access

Originally Posted by:
My '57 Les Paul Junior with it's single P90...

Awesome guitar, although my all-time favorite dream guitar is the '58 Les Paul Junior doublecut in the cherry with the single P90. Yeah, has the chunkier neck and all, but man, do I love the sounds that come out of that single P90 with the single volume and tone knobs. That '50s wiring had a tone all its own... thanks for sharing that thought and triggering a great memory for me. (I got to handle a '58 back in the late '60s when a family member had one. I want one so bad now and they are expensive as h*ll, but one of this days... yeah, one of these days.)

2020 Ibanez RG421 w/ Evertune bridge, 2010 Ibanez SA-120 (modded with locking tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups), 2018 Epiphone Les Paul Special, 2019 Yamaha Pacifica 112J, along with several acoustic guitars.

2008 Line 6 POD 2.0, Boss Katana Air, Boss Katana MkII 50-watt.

N-Track 9.1 Digital Audio Workstation software, Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Gen 3.

Mainly into blues and southern rock, but checking out all styles on GuitarTricks.

Originally Posted by:
My '57 Les Paul Junior with it's single P90...

Awesome guitar, although my all-time favorite dream guitar is the '58 Les Paul Junior doublecut in the cherry with the single P90. Yeah, has the chunkier neck and all, but man, do I love the sounds that come out of that single P90 with the single volume and tone knobs. That '50s wiring had a tone all its own... thanks for sharing that thought and triggering a great memory for me. (I got to handle a '58 back in the late '60s when a family member had one. I want one so bad now and they are expensive as h*ll, but one of this days... yeah, one of these days.)

2020 Ibanez RG421 w/ Evertune bridge, 2010 Ibanez SA-120 (modded with locking tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups), 2018 Epiphone Les Paul Special, 2019 Yamaha Pacifica 112J, along with several acoustic guitars.

N-Track 9.1 Digital Audio Workstation software, Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Gen 3.

Mainly into blues and southern rock, but checking out all styles on GuitarTricks.

matonanjin2

Full Access

#1 favorite: PRS Paul's

#2 PRS Hollowbody

#3 PRS Santana (I thought, b4 I bought it, it would be my favorite. but that is still my Pauls

#4 Fender Strat

#5 Fender Tele (I just got this and really enjoying it. I don't know where it wiil end up permanently on the list )

#6 Gibson 325. Sometimes I love this. It is so pretty but I just can't get the tone I want)

Above are the electrics. Accoustics:

#1.7 Martin M-36

#1.3 Martin 000-15M

#3 Seagull S6 Classic

Guitars: 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic
Amps: Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

#1 favorite: PRS Paul's

#2 PRS Hollowbody

#3 PRS Santana (I thought, b4 I bought it, it would be my favorite. but that is still my Pauls

#4 Fender Strat

#5 Fender Tele (I just got this and really enjoying it. I don't know where it wiil end up permanently on the list )

#6 Gibson 325. Sometimes I love this. It is so pretty but I just can't get the tone I want)

Above are the electrics. Accoustics:

#1.7 Martin M-36

#1.3 Martin 000-15M

#3 Seagull S6 Classic

Guitars: 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic
Amps: Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

William MG

Full Access

This is an old thread... glad Jim picked it up.

Problem for me, is guitars are like girls. As soon as I see a pretty one...haha.

Well, married for 33 years and the one girl that would put up with me has allowed me many fancies from bikes and cars to now guitars.

If I see it and it turns me on, I want it.

PS:

I see that matonanjin2 has Seagull S6 Classic. I have the S6 Slim. Lovely guitars!

"If it sounds cool, it is cool!"

Mike O

Works for me!

Problem for me, is guitars are like girls. As soon as I see a pretty one...haha.

Well, married for 33 years and the one girl that would put up with me has allowed me many fancies from bikes and cars to now guitars.

PS:

I see that matonanjin2 has Seagull S6 Classic. I have the S6 Slim. Lovely guitars!

"If it sounds cool, it is cool!"

Mike O

Works for me!

DavidMeb

Full Access

I picked up a factory second Wolfgang Special on Reverb. Super nice - feels and sounds great.

I picked up a factory second Wolfgang Special on Reverb. Super nice - feels and sounds great.

Jim Stanford

Full Access

Originally Posted by: William

PS:

And I realized now I said '58 when I meant '59. Gawd... I hate this keyboard. It causes me to make mistakes. ;)

Originally Posted by: William

PS:

And I realized now I said '58 when I meant '59. Gawd... I hate this keyboard. It causes me to make mistakes. ;)

Sasha-B

Full Access

so many to choose from!

Electric

My favorite-G&L ASAT Tribute. I have become a big fan of the MFD pickups and the neck is great! I own this one

S&G (epi and gibson)-love the neck, sold it as I downsized and kept the the G&L

Gretch hollow body (don't own one yet)

Acoustic

Guild

Martin

Godin (Seagull, Art & Luthier)

Acoustic small batch

Iris

Collings

Bourgeois (sp?)

Waterloo

I have downsized to two guitars-the Iris CH and G&L, both are the ones I kept going to, and I needed the space. If I were to buy another guitar-it would be a Martin JR for travel.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

so many to choose from!

Electric

My favorite-G&L ASAT Tribute. I have become a big fan of the MFD pickups and the neck is great! I own this one

S&G (epi and gibson)-love the neck, sold it as I downsized and kept the the G&L

Gretch hollow body (don't own one yet)

Acoustic

Guild

Martin

Godin (Seagull, Art & Luthier)

Acoustic small batch

Iris

Collings

Bourgeois (sp?)

Waterloo

I have downsized to two guitars-the Iris CH and G&L, both are the ones I kept going to, and I needed the space. If I were to buy another guitar-it would be a Martin JR for travel.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

Jim Stanford

Full Access

I've added two Harley Benton DC Juniors to my collection of guitars (one with standard P90 and a second with a stacked P90) and then just for kicks added an SC Junior as well. Love the sound of these guitars and they feel REALLY good. Ok, yeah, it was an old thread, but I love hearing what other people are playing as well..

I've added two Harley Benton DC Juniors to my collection of guitars (one with standard P90 and a second with a stacked P90) and then just for kicks added an SC Junior as well. Love the sound of these guitars and they feel REALLY good. Ok, yeah, it was an old thread, but I love hearing what other people are playing as well..

DraconusJLM

Full Access

Selmer Maccaferri - round sound hole. Just a tad on the expensive side, though

Six strings, but only four fingers. Twelve simi-tones, but only eight notes to an octive. Part of me thinks mathematicians should steer well clear of guitars.....

Selmer Maccaferri - round sound hole. Just a tad on the expensive side, though

Six strings, but only four fingers. Twelve simi-tones, but only eight notes to an octive. Part of me thinks mathematicians should steer well clear of guitars.....

lashaaf88

I have a new favorite guitar.

I played it and it's so perfect that I must buy it in the next month.

https://www.awkwardsound.com/gretsch-g5425-electromatic-jet-club-electric-guitar-review/

I have a new favorite guitar.

I played it and it's so perfect that I must buy it in the next month.

https://www.awkwardsound.com/gretsch-g5425-electromatic-jet-club-electric-guitar-review/

Sour_Note

Full Access

I tend to go back and forth. I have a few but love them all. If I had to choose 1 that I own, it would be my PRS single cut McCarty. But I suspect my favorite is the one that I haven't liberated from the guitar store yet. Eyeing a hollowbody PRS that is beautiful.

I'm an older guy and not a very good player (yet) but I love a nice looking guitar that sounds good.

I tend to go back and forth. I have a few but love them all. If I had to choose 1 that I own, it would be my PRS single cut McCarty. But I suspect my favorite is the one that I haven't liberated from the guitar store yet. Eyeing a hollowbody PRS that is beautiful.

I'm an older guy and not a very good player (yet) but I love a nice looking guitar that sounds good.