TC Electronic Spark Mini Booster

andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
05/22/2020 11:16 am

Any thoughts on this pedal. I have been told its an awesome addition to your pedalboard?

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/22/2020 2:01 pm
Originally Posted by: andrew.colomb

Any thoughts on this pedal. I have been told its an awesome addition to your pedalboard?

I haven't used that exact pedal. So I can't speak to it's performance. But I've used boost pedals, mini amps, compressors, etc.

TC Electronics in general makes great stuff. So, it's a safe bet that it's excellent at what it does. The real question is what do you want it for? What problem does it solve for you?

For what it's worth, I finally got around to doing a tutorial on basic uses of pedals. And in this one I use a Blues Driver (an overdrive unit) as a clean boost. That might help you decide if you want a boost pedal.

https://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=2609

With all pedals & gear I encourage you to try before you buy. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/22/2020 2:05 pm

Also, Sweetwater has a video demo on this pedal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SparkMini--tc-electronic-spark-mini-boost-pedal

And this guy compares a couple of boost pedals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09E78BSWNU

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 3
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
05/23/2020 10:42 am
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Also, Sweetwater has a video demo on this pedal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SparkMini--tc-electronic-spark-mini-boost-pedal

And this guy compares a couple of boost pedals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09E78BSWNU

Thank you so much as usual Christopher.

I saw a demo on a couple of sites and was impressed by the sharp, crisp clean tone and the slight sustain it produced. I love this type of tone on my Tele.

Since then have watched your instuction videos and blown away by the tones you produce by having two overdrive pedals.

(Oh, and it is on special offer at Anderton's for £39!!! - no brainer!)

Your input is most appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/23/2020 2:38 pm

You're welcome!

Originally Posted by: andrew.colombI saw a demo on a couple of sites and was impressed by the sharp, crisp clean tone and the slight sustain it produced. I love this type of tone on my Tele.[/quote]

A boost is something that can make your guitar tone sound like it's really "popping" out of your amp. So, if you have the money & time it's certainly worth exploring.

[quote=andrew.colomb]Since then have watched your instuction videos and blown away by the tones you produce by having two overdrive pedals.

[p]Stacking overdrives is somewhat common among us older guys with old style gear. :) I think sometimes there is a tendency to plug in too many pedals, or turn up the settings too high, until everything is mush.

But using the right effects, at the right time, with the right settings can be wonderful. It's amazing how much a new effect or setting can reinspire, or motivate you to play more guitar!

Have fun with it!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 5
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
05/29/2020 1:51 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

You're welcome!

Originally Posted by: andrew.colombI saw a demo on a couple of sites and was impressed by the sharp, crisp clean tone and the slight sustain it produced. I love this type of tone on my Tele.[/quote]

A boost is something that can make your guitar tone sound like it's really "popping" out of your amp. So, if you have the money & time it's certainly worth exploring.

[quote=andrew.colomb]Since then have watched your instuction videos and blown away by the tones you produce by having two overdrive pedals.

[p]Stacking overdrives is somewhat common among us older guys with old style gear. :) I think sometimes there is a tendency to plug in too many pedals, or turn up the settings too high, until everything is mush.

But using the right effects, at the right time, with the right settings can be wonderful. It's amazing how much a new effect or setting can reinspire, or motivate you to play more guitar!

Have fun with it!

Hi Christopher, just to let you know I received it and really is cool! I have tried it in front and after my ME80 and really gives a nice crisp clean sustained sound in front.

# 6
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/29/2020 3:32 pm
Originally Posted by: andrew.colomb

Hi Christopher, just to let you know I received it and really is cool! I have tried it in front and after my ME80 and really gives a nice crisp clean sustained sound in front.

Thanks for the update! Have fun with it!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.