KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
05/18/2020 6:44 pm

Hi

Im between two really good statements

"Never buy image or brand" vs "Get what makes you want to play"

I've been looking for guitars for a while and a friend point me to the Jackson JS32T and there is when my head started to spin around... because it comes in every bodyshape

Since my early guitar dreams back in the 90s i always wanted a Flying V...

-Now, should a beginner stick to the so called T-type guitars?

-How much of a bad idea is to get one of these? (im used to classic position)

-Anyone here have experience with this model or a KVT?

The main atractive of that model seems the price, but to be honest i was ready to pay around the double if the product worth it... so i wont mind to buy for a KVT instead if I stick to the V idea

Another thing to consider is that no store here have them on stock, so buy on order will be the same as ordering on Amazon or so

Any Opinion or thought?

Thanks.

[background]

My current guitar is a placeholder. I took it from the hands from my best friend who throw it away after less than a month of the purchase.[br]He did that thing where you get a "set package" just to see if you pick up the taste for playing then if not, no regrets on throwing it away

I have if for around a year and since then i had 1001 problems having to get it to the music shop 4 times for different issues and im really getting tired of it.

I was planning to replace it on december, but after getting really into it with the GT account and the extra play time on these weird times i feel like getting one as i get a Blackstar Amp that i got recomended

# 1
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
06/24/2020 8:29 am

I have to say... if you can easily afford it, and it really makes you want to play, go for it!

There will be some slight positioning changes for sure (if you're sitting down it will be farther to your left) but the basics are still there.

There is definitely something to be said about having a nice piece of gear that you like. It can be a total drag to use something that you have to fight against, or gives you problems all the time.

A counter-argument is that if you have the discipline to keep playing on an instrument you don't like (or on gear that is inferior), you'll play that much better later on. And you'll also learn to truly value a good instrument and what MAKES it good. I spent much of my life with inferior gear, fought through it, and I think it improved my abilities and knowledge.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/24/2020 11:27 am

Hi KL

agree with Carl. In simple terms, to me... if it turns you on - get it.

I don't normally overthink things like this. And there is a reason for that. When I was 21 I listened to my father go on for 2 hours about all the things he wanted to do and now was out of time - he died 2 days later from lung cancer.

Lesson learned for me. I promised myself that would be a conversation I would never have with my son and so far so good.

I say pull the pin. If it is a mistake big deal. You can sell it and try another. But you have been wanting a V since the '90s. That can be a range of 30 years. Wow... don't waste time brother. 30 years in the future is a hope and a prayer.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
06/24/2020 1:26 pm
Originally Posted by: William MG

I say pull the pin. If it is a mistake big deal. You can sell it and try another. But you have been wanting a V since the '90s. That can be a range of 30 years. Wow... don't waste time brother. 30 years in the future is a hope and a prayer.

^^^^ This!

And if it enthuses you to play, and it seems like it will, do it!

I hope we see a "NGD" post here real soon.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 4
KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
06/24/2020 5:51 pm

Thanks for the replies

Just a couple of days ago was talking to store to see if they can ship it here or not... still dont know

Yeah i have a tendency to overthink things, but one of my major concerns was if the instrument shape will be perjudicial to the learing process, usually you see people with those things when they are pro

Well, from the 90 to the last year i was sure that learning the guitar was an impossible thing to do unless you were blessed by the gods before you were born, so we are going step by step on these dream-like things lol

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/24/2020 7:36 pm

No trust me, you don't have to be blessed, just have good study and practice habits. If I can pick it up, you will too.

# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
06/24/2020 8:50 pm
Originally Posted by: KLZ39

Hi

Im between two really good statements

"Never buy image or brand" vs "Get what makes you want to play"

I've been looking for guitars for a while and a friend point me to the Jackson JS32T and there is when my head started to spin around... because it comes in every bodyshape

Since my early guitar dreams back in the 90s i always wanted a Flying V...

-Now, should a beginner stick to the so called T-type guitars?

-How much of a bad idea is to get one of these? (im used to classic position)

-Anyone here have experience with this model or a KVT?

The main atractive of that model seems the price, but to be honest i was ready to pay around the double if the product worth it... so i wont mind to buy for a KVT instead if I stick to the V idea

Another thing to consider is that no store here have them on stock, so buy on order will be the same as ordering on Amazon or so

Any Opinion or thought?

Thanks.

[background]

My current guitar is a placeholder. I took it from the hands from my best friend who throw it away after less than a month of the purchase.[br]He did that thing where you get a "set package" just to see if you pick up the taste for playing then if not, no regrets on throwing it away

I have if for around a year and since then i had 1001 problems having to get it to the music shop 4 times for different issues and im really getting tired of it.

I was planning to replace it on december, but after getting really into it with the GT account and the extra play time on these weird times i feel like getting one as i get a Blackstar Amp that i got recomended

The primary consideration is that you'll probably always practice with a strap. For me, no big deal. I always practive with a strap and have done so for decades. Since the V share will want to slide down your leg etc, if you strap up, no worries.

After that, get a guitar that makes you want to play. Some of that is the aesthetic of the guitar. You look at it and it beckons you to pick it up and play. If you desire a cool guitar, there is a psychological reason to have it. Music is all about feeling. Guitar players have a cool. Tuba players? Well.........

The King V Pro is a mighty cool guitar and if you can swing the $800 cost, it's a solid East Asia made guitar.

Good luck!

# 7
KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
07/15/2020 10:42 pm

Well, here it is...

And oh man, it plays like a dream

As far as i can tell, its perfect, the actios is low and smooth with no buzzing, It stays in tune and... its really confortable to play

As i said im used to "classic position" so it took me really minimum adjustment to feel right, i have tried both with and without the strap and it stays in position

After struggling with that Dean garbage for a year i can tell that there is no comparission, this superior on every inch...

Thank you everyone who answer this thread

# 8
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
07/15/2020 10:54 pm

Wow, she's a beauty! Really glad to see you moved forward and got what you've wanted for years.

Best of luck with it.

# 9
Carl King
Carl King
07/16/2020 4:26 am

Hey that looks very cool!

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.