Sss strats

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > Sss strats

mhwalker1

Hi All,

I am currently working my way though the foundations classes. The goal is to eventually be doing the blues track. Since I only have an accoustic at the momement this may be a problem. So I have my eye on a strat. Does anyone have any thoughts on the noiseless single coils that they are using these days in I think its the Deluxe and the Roadhouse strat.

Its a long way out before I get to needing it but the plan is to be buying a strat once I get through the foundations and possibly the accoustic levels since I do currently own an accoustic.

Hi All,

I am currently working my way though the foundations classes. The goal is to eventually be doing the blues track. Since I only have an accoustic at the momement this may be a problem. So I have my eye on a strat. Does anyone have any thoughts on the noiseless single coils that they are using these days in I think its the Deluxe and the Roadhouse strat.

Its a long way out before I get to needing it but the plan is to be buying a strat once I get through the foundations and possibly the accoustic levels since I do currently own an accoustic.

ChristopherSchlegel

Guitar Tricks Instructor

Originally Posted by: mhwalker1
I am currently working my way though the foundations classes. The goal is to eventually be doing the blues track. Since I only have an accoustic at the momement this may be a problem.

You can definitely start the blues course with an acoustic. But having an electric will make it much easier to do single note lead lines & string bending licks.

So I have my eye on a strat. Does anyone have any thoughts on the noiseless single coils that they are using these days in I think its the Deluxe and the Roadhouse strat.

Most of my Strats have noiseless single coils (Fender N3, Dimarzio HS-3s & HS-4s) & they are great! But you should definitely try before you buy to make sure it sounds good to you & feels good in your hands. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory

I am currently working my way though the foundations classes. The goal is to eventually be doing the blues track. Since I only have an accoustic at the momement this may be a problem.

You can definitely start the blues course with an acoustic. But having an electric will make it much easier to do single note lead lines & string bending licks.

So I have my eye on a strat. Does anyone have any thoughts on the noiseless single coils that they are using these days in I think its the Deluxe and the Roadhouse strat.

Most of my Strats have noiseless single coils (Fender N3, Dimarzio HS-3s & HS-4s) & they are great! But you should definitely try before you buy to make sure it sounds good to you & feels good in your hands. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory

mhwalker1

Thanks that does help. I am currently at the research of this purchase and will definately be trying things out first. I may take someone with me that already knows how to play an electric too. :)

Thanks that does help. I am currently at the research of this purchase and will definately be trying things out first. I may take someone with me that already knows how to play an electric too. :)

dsk6

Full Access

Fenders player stratocaster is a nice guitar for the money. Simple pickups swap from a great pickup company called merlin pickups (cheaper than others and handwound from Poland) and you'll never need another strat again!

Fenders player stratocaster is a nice guitar for the money. Simple pickups swap from a great pickup company called merlin pickups (cheaper than others and handwound from Poland) and you'll never need another strat again!

mhwalker1

Originally Posted by: dsk6

I was just looking at this guitar. Iniatially I started looking at Squires, and came to the conclusion I could definately do better. The player is on the short list. Now I just need this virus to get oht of the way so that I can get one in my hands at a loval store. :)

I will check i to merlin thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by: dsk6

I was just looking at this guitar. Iniatially I started looking at Squires, and came to the conclusion I could definately do better. The player is on the short list. Now I just need this virus to get oht of the way so that I can get one in my hands at a loval store. :)

I will check i to merlin thanks for the tip.

mhwalker1

I can see this turning into an expensive hobby, lets say I get the strat that covers a lot of rock and blues I would assume. Other styles say country would dictate buying a tele. Oh then what about another guitar in alternate tuning just for the hell of it. :) I am startimg understand how people end up with a basement full of guitars over the years. Haha

I can see this turning into an expensive hobby, lets say I get the strat that covers a lot of rock and blues I would assume. Other styles say country would dictate buying a tele. Oh then what about another guitar in alternate tuning just for the hell of it. :) I am startimg understand how people end up with a basement full of guitars over the years. Haha

Chabu

Full Access

I'm with you. Just starting through beginner courses on acoustic but really want a strat (Pink Floyd guy here). Dying to get into a store because I really need to touch/feel/hear before I buy. I'm fairly focused on SSS Player.

I'm with you. Just starting through beginner courses on acoustic but really want a strat (Pink Floyd guy here). Dying to get into a store because I really need to touch/feel/hear before I buy. I'm fairly focused on SSS Player.

matonanjin2

Full Access

You haven't mentioned humbucker (LP type) guitars. Must have

You haven't mentioned 335 (Semi) Hollowbody guitars. Must have

You haven't mentioned resonator guitars. Must have

ad infinitum

You haven't mentioned humbucker (LP type) guitars. Must have

You haven't mentioned 335 (Semi) Hollowbody guitars. Must have

You haven't mentioned resonator guitars. Must have

ad infinitum

mjgodin

Full Access

Guys please. Just watch this video. This man will tell you exactly how many guitars you'll need. He may even show you a thing or two about how to play em. Enjoy and welcome to the club.

moe

https://youtu.be/RXh7FTDVvj4

Guys please. Just watch this video. This man will tell you exactly how many guitars you'll need. He may even show you a thing or two about how to play em. Enjoy and welcome to the club.

moe

https://youtu.be/RXh7FTDVvj4

Chabu

Full Access

Since I posted a reply, I picked up Fender Player (SSS) Strat. Totally love it.

Since I posted a reply, I picked up Fender Player (SSS) Strat. Totally love it.