Beginner electric recommendation

piskas
piskas
04/13/2019 10:37 am

Hi guys![br]I want to learn electric guitar and get started!

My favourite genres are metal, hard rock, punk, grunge, but also blues and rockabilly.

I'd like to get a first guitar which will last me for a long time, without needing to upgrade next year so to speak.

Budget of ca 300 eur for the guitar.[br][br]

I have been reading online and watching videos for beginner recommendations.[br]I've identified these, and I'd like your advice on which to pick:[br]Squier Bullet Jag HH. Super affordable, but more compromises. ca 140 euro[br]Ibanez RG421. I've read these have flat fretboards which are easy to learn on. ca 300 euro[br]With the two, I'd think about getting an amp in the 2-300 euro budget.

[br]Upgrade pick: PRS SE Standard 24. Around 550 euro, and a tremolo which perhaps will make tuning more complicated for a beginner. [br]If I take this one, I'd buy a very very cheap amp to balance my budget.

# 1
sgautier8th
Full Access
sgautier8th
Full Access
04/14/2019 6:06 pm

Those are all really different rigs. I bought my first electric, an Epiphone Sheraton (essentially a fancy 335) hollow body and it has the sound that I want. BUT, I have been playing my buddy's Ibanez RG550 with the Wizard neck and it's like going from a '74 Cadillac to a '19 Porsche GTS4.

If you envision yourself playing super fast scales and leads with your fingers flying across the fretboard as fast as humanly possible, I highly recommend the Ibanez Wizard necks. However, make sure that the Ibanez has the Wizard neck that you want - there are 3 different types and you should go to the Guitar store and try them out.

Also, there are better and cheaper Ibanez guitars. You might look into buying a used Ibanez that was made in Japan a decade or so ago. You'll probably spend the same money as a new Korean or Indonesia factory model and you'll get a FAR superior axe.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.