Mustang V1 Amp?

landsman.daniel
landsman.daniel
05/14/2018 5:59 pm

Hi!

I purchased my first electric guitar rig last weekend (Squire classic vibe telecaster in sunburst finish with a Fender Mustang V1 amp). I purchased the Mustang amp because I wanted to have all sorts of effects at my finger tips to play with from the get go but I eventually want to switch to pedals as I just find myself fascinated with all the various gears and tones (I am an advanced beginner guitar player who is helplessly addicted to Anderton Music's youtube page).

My question is will the pedals sound weird on the mustang with all the preloaded effects in place? Should I get a different amp for when I make that switch? Should i make that switch? Do actual pedals sound significantly better?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/14/2018 7:53 pm

Hi Daniel,

Using pedals with an amp that has built-in effects doesn't alter either of the effects. The amp itself has a ton of effects built right into it, but usually a dedicated effects pedal will sound a bit richer.

For more info on how pedals work, check out this tutorial: https://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=1621

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.