American Stratocaster

steveschrad
Full Access
steveschrad
Full Access
10/18/2017 3:22 pm

Hello,

I am in the market for an Fender American Stratocaster (used or new). Has anyone puchased used equipment from Guitar Center? I am being picky about the one I want, and I am trying to stay around $1000. By picky, I am looking for the 50's or 60's headstock with maple finger board. I found an American Strat Deluxe online at Guitar Center for $999. The new American Professional Strat sell for $1400. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/18/2017 5:06 pm

Hi steveschrad,

I've only purchased used gear from Guitar Center once, an amp head. Upon picking it up from the store, it ended up looking more beat up than it appeared in the pictures. After using it a few times at home, we discovered some switches just didn't do anything. These are things you should be cautious of.

Since you're looking for an actual instrument, my best advice is for you to go to the store that has it and actually play the guitar to see if it's something worth picking up.

Another option is to find a cheaper Mexican strat and upgrade it, but that requires a bit more time and work.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.