What is a good electric guitar under 300$

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Discussion > What is a good electric guitar under 300$

guitarmanpetey

i am looking for a guitar plz respond

i am looking for a guitar plz respond

GuitardedGeezer

I can vouch for the Squier Standard Stratocasters. An excellent starter guitar. Really well built and worth the money. I got Black and Chrome Fat Strat for 200. I think they are around 230 or 240 now. Be prepared to spend an extra 10 bucks to replace some screws when it arrives as they are not made with corrosion resistant (chrome or stainless) screws. Suggest http://www.musiciansfriend.com

GG

I can vouch for the Squier Standard Stratocasters. An excellent starter guitar. Really well built and worth the money. I got Black and Chrome Fat Strat for 200. I think they are around 230 or 240 now. Be prepared to spend an extra 10 bucks to replace some screws when it arrives as they are not made with corrosion resistant (chrome or stainless) screws. Suggest http://www.musiciansfriend.com

GG

r443284

Yeah I agree with the Strat. I picked one up at guitar center for under $200. Its not a bad guitar to mess around with. If your looking into an alternate Ibanez make some great affordable guitars. Ive played on a few cool RG models.

If you have a music store near you check it out and see if you cant find a descent used guitar. Sometimes you can get lucky.

Yeah I agree with the Strat. I picked one up at guitar center for under $200. Its not a bad guitar to mess around with. If your looking into an alternate Ibanez make some great affordable guitars. Ive played on a few cool RG models.

If you have a music store near you check it out and see if you cant find a descent used guitar. Sometimes you can get lucky.

Razbo

Full Access

Would also agree with the Squiers. I picked one up off eBay for only $75 (2002 20th Anniversary Affinity Strat model). Neck is ramrod straight, action is presently 3/16 at the 12th and no buzz anywhere, intonated perfectly. Very quiet in spite of the sans-shielding. It's no MIA Fender Strat, but whatever. Don't let the high-end mockers bring you down. :p

I've seen them in mint used condition for sale for about $150 CDN in stores around; about $250 new.

Would also agree with the Squiers. I picked one up off eBay for only $75 (2002 20th Anniversary Affinity Strat model). Neck is ramrod straight, action is presently 3/16 at the 12th and no buzz anywhere, intonated perfectly. Very quiet in spite of the sans-shielding. It's no MIA Fender Strat, but whatever. Don't let the high-end mockers bring you down. :p

I've seen them in mint used condition for sale for about $150 CDN in stores around; about $250 new.

Razbo

Full Access

p.s. I have a Gibson L6 and 5 other guitars, but I've been playing this Squier exclusively since I got it. I bought it for parts, but I just love it!

Whatever. :)

Epiphony stuff is the Gibson answer to Squier, I guess. Some good guitars in that line if it suits you. You can get some proper HB's. ;-)

p.s. I have a Gibson L6 and 5 other guitars, but I've been playing this Squier exclusively since I got it. I bought it for parts, but I just love it!

Whatever. :)

Epiphony stuff is the Gibson answer to Squier, I guess. Some good guitars in that line if it suits you. You can get some proper HB's. ;-)

Schmidtrock

Full Access

Lovin my Jay Turser LP

Lovin my Jay Turser LP

shmaldo

gday

I just got a squire tele for a little over what your looking for but well worth it. I would look at spending a little more to get something decent, cause I've gone through the guitar/amp package sheit. Get something that gets you stoked to play every time you pick it up.

gday

I just got a squire tele for a little over what your looking for but well worth it. I would look at spending a little more to get something decent, cause I've gone through the guitar/amp package sheit. Get something that gets you stoked to play every time you pick it up.

pakpakpak

I don't think it's worth buying that cheap of a guitar. Take a hold of the bad economy and buy used stuff for really cheap. You might be able to find a mexican strat for a little over 250. In my experience, LTD and Ibanezes tend to be fairly good for the cheaper guitars.

I don't think it's worth buying that cheap of a guitar. Take a hold of the bad economy and buy used stuff for really cheap. You might be able to find a mexican strat for a little over 250. In my experience, LTD and Ibanezes tend to be fairly good for the cheaper guitars.

Grambo

halfway to somewhere

Fender squire stratocaster ( brand new ) if possible

Fender squire stratocaster ( brand new ) if possible

J.R.

If I were just starting out, I would go with the same guitar I began on, a Silvertone SG that came with a 15 watt amp. It was under $200, but I believe Silvertone no longer makes the sg. But they do have a nice looking strat type guitar. Another guitar I had early on was a Yamaha, just under $280 and it was a nice guitar. I currently have a Fender Roadhouse strat and love it.
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS

More amp settings then ever...
guitar scales in tab form
scales for open G tuning

If I were just starting out, I would go with the same guitar I began on, a Silvertone SG that came with a 15 watt amp. It was under $200, but I believe Silvertone no longer makes the sg. But they do have a nice looking strat type guitar. Another guitar I had early on was a Yamaha, just under $280 and it was a nice guitar. I currently have a Fender Roadhouse strat and love it.
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS

More amp settings then ever...
guitar scales in tab form
scales for open G tuning