now i've got an LP ..... now what amp ? (4 blues )

anarchist
anarchist
08/15/2000 10:01 am
hey guys it's me again . glad u guys posted lotsa info's on the LP's .

now i've got myself one, i really couldnt make my mind up for an amp.
I play alt.( radiohead ,oasis ,f.f. ..) , blues-rock ( purely led zep , jimi hendrix kinda blues ....) , sometimes hardcore (korn,deftones,coal ch. ,slipknot.) ..im wondering , could any one amp do these all at a time ?

I went to this shop and the guy shoved me a Kustom 10 watt ...boy it sux .no tone at all on overdrive ! it suits only those real metal kinda style( metal guys LOVE it,i dont) .

so GUYS , tell me what should i look out for, room practice ,maybe 10-12 watt ?
budget : US dollar 100 . ( yeap that's it )

and o yeah , can a multieffect pedal solve every damn thing on a lousy amp ? PLs suggest me one multieffect.
*ps note that i have a pretty low budget.

thanks u guys save my life.

# 1
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/16/2000 3:14 am
Playing through a pedal that goes straight into a crappy amp will do nothing but give you more crappy affects. Since your budget is so low I recomend you get a used amp. As far as which one to get... that's up to you, just play on a bunch 'till you figure out what sound you like best.

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 2
Jon68
Jon68
08/18/2000 3:00 am
Like BadHorsie says, look for a used amp, maybe one of the Fender Dynatouch series. Some of those sound pretty good. The Danelectro Nifty 50 got good reviews in Guitar Player and sells on-line for about $110 US - see if you can find one of these to try. I have a friend that swears by his VC508. This is an all-tube 5W amp that is supposed sound really good when cranked up. The VC508 sells for about$190 US on-line, but my friend bought his used for $125.
A multi-effector will not solve your ills, but they are a lot of fun and can give you a wide variety of sounds. I've only tried the Zoom 505 (about $100 US) and I liked the sounds. I used it mostly with a headset for practice. It was too noisy through my old Fender amp. It sounded OK through newer amps, though.
Sometime you have to put up with a less-than-ideal piece in your signal chain until you have the money to upgrade. Just have patience and watch for used equipment. There is always someone who is willing to trade.
# 3
C-Hawks
C-Hawks
09/11/2000 8:18 pm
A good multi-effects processor with amp modelling will still sound good even through a lower quality amp. However, you probably can't get decent amp modelling for under a few hundred dollars. I recommend trying out various combinations gear to see what you like.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.