speaker monitors?

Smelli411
Smelli411
08/26/2000 3:59 am
when im playing with my band,(2 guitas, vocals, bass, and drums ), i can barely hear myself play let alone anyone but the drummer. i think i need some speaker monitors but i dont really know what im looking for or whats what. i just need something that lets me hear my guitar well while i can still hear others. what kind of monitor or whatever should i be looking for?
Live to win, dare to fail!
# 1
Jon68
Jon68
09/09/2000 12:17 am
Monitor speakers generally run from the PA system wherever you're playing. You either mike your amp or use a direct out for the PA. Monitor speakers may be floor monitors or "hot-spot" monitors that mount on a mike stand. With monitors, you are using the power of the PA amp (usually a lot more than your guitar amp) and the ability to point the monitor speakers at your ears.
You may just need a more powerful amp to keep up, but try this. Put your amp on a stand or a folding chair (if it's not too big), tilt the amp back to point towards your head. Move closer to the amp. All of these will help you hear yourself better.

# 2
JoeyLibby
JoeyLibby
09/09/2000 10:17 pm
One other point, chances are your drummer cant hear anything else other than his drums either, and this can cause alot of problems on stage, make sure at a gig he has his own set of monitors.
One The only way is one
I feel angry I feel helpless Want to change the world
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.