Std Squier upgrade - plz help!

UB
UB
08/28/2000 5:20 pm
Hi,
I'll start by saying that I've got Squier Standard Strat. I've been playing a while and its sound capabilities have become a bit limited. What I'm looking for is Crunchy-distorted kinda tone - so ideally I would go for a L/P with its humbuckers. Unfortunately, I only have about £100 ($150) to get the sound I want. I was thinking of getting a single-coil-humbucker such as a Seymour Duncan JB and replacing the existing bridge single-coil pickup. The reason I'm asking about this tho is I know about the laminated body of the squier, and I've heard that squier affinity bodies would not allow the sound even with a new pickup. However, as mine is a standard squier, I'm hoping it would be capable of more. Any feedback on whether what I suggest would be worthwhile would be greatly appreciated - or any other suggestions of what I could do with the $150-ish. Cheers! =)
Also, while I'm here, would a painted pickguard affect the guitars tone?
# 1
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
08/28/2000 9:32 pm
Yo UB, I've got squier to , and i dont think that there is any limit to change of pickups, just dont do it yourself...

In my opinion you should give the guitar to a master ,who will make a good setup to the guitar... my teacher done a good setup to my guitar , and the sound is as good as you will get from real fender...
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 2
loner92
loner92
08/29/2000 2:37 am
Try a Seymour Duncan JB junior.

[This message has been edited by loner92 (edited 08-28-2000).]

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.