good amp for metal... for good price.

josh_underwood
josh_underwood
08/15/2000 1:03 am
hey does anyone know of a good ampo for metal for a good price?? If so please post it and tell me the price thanx.

"life is hard.....
BUT ITS EVEN HARDER IF YOUR STUPID.

"why not say **** it dont hurt no one"
He's totaly Mad,Crazy,Loony Toony And Even Offty Mc.Goofty!!.... I LIKE HIM!!!!!

-------------------------
Have You Been Drinking??
Yes I Have, Ive Been Drinking From the Well Of Eternal Sadness.
ART THOU BETRAYING THE????!!! THY WILL PAYUS THY ULTIMATE PRICEUS!!! FOR THOU ARE THE GUITARUS WIZARDUS!!!!!
# 1
josh_underwood
josh_underwood
08/15/2000 1:04 am
damn cencors its F U C K
He's totaly Mad,Crazy,Loony Toony And Even Offty Mc.Goofty!!.... I LIKE HIM!!!!!

Have You Been Drinking??
ART THOU BETRAYING THE????!!! THY WILL PAYUS THY ULTIMATE PRICEUS!!! FOR THOU ARE THE GUITARUS WIZARDUS!!!!!
# 2
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/15/2000 2:59 am
I've actually played on a 2x12 Crate before and that thing was bitchin! I got pick harmonics on the 20th fret on the high E. And I wasn't even trying! Give me a couple days and I'll find out more info on it for you. If I remember correctly, though, it costs about $300.

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 3
loner92
loner92
08/15/2000 6:11 am
Try a crate digital modeing amp. The DJX112 (60 watts) sounds good and only costs $419, I almost bought one a while back.
I decided to go all-tube instead, though. I have a Blue Voodoo 120 watt head on it's way to my house right now, and I'm getting a Crate Vintage Club 4x12 cab with Celestion Vintage 30s to go with it (ony prolbem is, the tweed cab won't look good with the Blue head).

# 4
josh_underwood
josh_underwood
08/16/2000 8:57 pm
DUDE R U FRICKEN' RICH??? I'm GONNA SHOOT YOU WITH MY FRICKEN' "LASER". NO MINY ME WE DON'T BITE THE KITTIE. I WILL GET YOUR MOJO AUSTIN POWERS!!!! SORRY i just got done watching austin powers!!! HA HA! But really r u rich how can you afford that??? What do you think about the crate GS1200H HEAD???

Have You Been Drinking??
# 5
loner92
loner92
08/18/2000 5:27 am
I'm not rich at all. I work at a McDonald's (I'm 17) about 40 hours a week (@ $5.75 an hour). The only reasons I can afford the amp are (A.- I got a great deal on the head, it was $399 from ugbm.com (check their site out, you can save a ton of cash) and I'm getting a great deal on a 4x12 cab locally, and (B.- I don't drive, so I don't have any payments to make (that's why I don't drive). I don't party or anything either, so I don't blow cash on that (I've got my priorities straight. Guitar and music first, everything else second).
You just don't realize how much you can get with $500 if you shop around. Check digibid.com , ugbm.com , musiciansfriend.com , samash.com , americanmusical.com , and check the retailer section at harmonycentral.com .
Also, check your local music store and pawn shops (be sure to inspect thier stuff thoroughly so you don't get junk) frequently.
By the way, before you buy anything online, be sure to do a background check on the retailer.

Assuming you mean the GX-1200, the distortion is decent, but the main reason to buy the amp is the power. Just find a good distortion pedal/preamp device (try to find a Mesa V-Twin, lat time I checked, they had oneat ugbm.com) into either the clean channel or the return input of the effects loop. You can get the GX-1200 half stack (GX-1200 head+ a 4x12 cab) from samash.com for $599. You might even like the onboard distortion enough to use it without a pedal (but I doubt it).

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.