i need somehelp with on gear

Wolfman
Wolfman
08/07/2000 9:43 pm
i have been playing my electric for a couple of months but i dont know anything about distortion pedals and the different functions of different models. i am looking for a pedal that is not super expensive but has a good sound
# 1
Luke
Luke
08/07/2000 10:15 pm
go here, http://musiciansfriend.com

They have great prices for people on a budget.

I like various Boss pedals.

Just go to the link and get the free catalog, when you get it look for the distortion pedal you want and thats that.

They offer great prices on gear.
Hope it helps.
(just know that it might take a while to get the pedal. I ordered a DigiTech Rp100 2 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet.

It was a backorder item so I'll cut them some slack
When attempting the impossible, you achieve the best possible
# 2
loner92
loner92
08/08/2000 4:39 am
What kind of sound do you want? For consumer reviews on products, go to harmonycentral.com and check out the product database.

# 3
No_Good_Punk_Kid
No_Good_Punk_Kid
08/08/2000 3:53 pm
Actually Luke the cheapest place to buy gear at www.1musicsupply.com
# 4
Jon68
Jon68
08/18/2000 1:11 am
Wolfman, Distortion pedals run from "Overdrive" to "Fuzz". My definitions: Overdrive pedal - tries to emulate the sound of a cranked tube amp and produces a creamy, full sound that increases sustain but doesn't cover-up the tone of your guitar or amplifier. Fuzz pedal - produces a harsher sound than an overdrive, usually by clipping the signal, producing a rectangular wave which has huge harmonic content. You can get models that do both or either. Distortion pedals usually have a drive control, which controls the amount of distortion, a tone control and a level control that lets you set the volume to match your amp. There are many good pedals (and quite a few bad pedals) out there. Boss makes a wide range of reasonably-priced distortion (and many other) pedals and publishes a "Guitar Effects Guide Book" which describes all of their effects. The booklet is free - see if your Boss dealer has one. I use an Ibanez TS9 Tuber Screamer reissue. The TS9 is a bit more expensive than one of the Boss Pedals, but came highly recommended. The TS9 is an overdrive pedal. It doesn't produce "shred-metal" sounds and can be very subtle depending upon your amp and guitar settings. You might also consider one of the multi-effectors like the Zoom 505. The Zoom is a lot of fun, although I found it too noisy to use through my Fender Super Reverb. The Zoom does a lot more than distortion - it also has compressor, limiter, reverbs, delay, chorus, and other effects for $100 or so (add $30 or $40 for the expression pedal and power adapter).
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.