Wa wa pedal

Greaserbeef
Greaserbeef
07/20/2000 5:27 am
Im thinking about getting a pedal, do i need an effects thing to go with it? I've been playing for a few years, so what pedal should i get?
# 1
Reinout
Reinout
07/20/2000 6:23 pm
The first thing I want to know: do you want a multi-effect or stompboxes. Multi-effects are cheaper and the are easier to handle (with presets), but many people think the sound is less great than from stompboxes. "The multi-effect is designed to put as many effects as possible in it and the sound doesn't matter." I don't agree with that, because I am quite happy with my Boss ME-30, but I have never listened very well to stompboxes. Separate stompboxes are more expensive, but the give you a better sound. If you need many real different sounds, I would recommend a multi-effect. If you don't need much different sounds, and you have a large wallet, go for the quality. But remember this: trust your ears!

Reinout Vrijhoef
reinout@tref.nl

A great amp can get a lousy guitar sound great
A lousy amp will make a great guitar sound lousy
A great player will sound great with anything
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/22/2000 3:56 am
I agree, to me multi-effects sound sterile and plastic, but it's your ears that count when it comes to your rig. I think Vox makes the best guitar wah these days, but try a few different ones out to see what you like. Cry Baby's are also good, and I have a Morley Bass Wah (for my basses of course), and it's been great. As for other effects, distortion+wah can get you a long long way. I can get turn table sounds, screeches, whistles, as well as traditional wah sounds w/ just my 4 string, wah and a ds-1. I've used my wah to simulate an envelope filter, flanger, and chorus effects. But generally, my phylosophy is to keep as little between my bass/ guitar and amp as possible. I'll probably invest in a chorus pedal, talk box, and maybe a couple of other things before I'm done, but I want to keep it as simple as possible. But again, shop around, try things out, and go by your ear.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.