Amps and wah pedals

PowerChordWiz
PowerChordWiz
10/15/2006 11:02 pm
I just ordered an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah pedal from muscisansfriend.com, and after reading through the reviews I came across something that alarmed me, The reviewer said that his pedal worked great until he bought his new Line 6 and the pedal wouldnt work with that amp. I have a Line 6 Spider II 112 and I wonder if wah pedals dont work with certain types of amps, or if its just the case with him.
# 1
Bluesman Jack
Bluesman Jack
10/16/2006 12:19 am
That doesn't make much sense why it wouldn't work with any type of amp. Your amp should accept whatever signal is being sent to it. I could maybe see a pedal not having the full effect if this guy's amp was set to some kind of DSP mode that maybe included an "auto wah". When you get it, try it with all effects disabled and see if it works, then engage each effect one at a time and see if you notice any ill effects. I have a little SS orange practice amp, a couple of old champs, and had a hot rod deluxe, and the crybaby works fine with all of them. Worst case, return it. Also, you might want to contact the place where you bought the amp or Line 6 directly and ask them about it. Good luck

FYI I've got a friend with a weeping demon and he swears by it!!! The stuff he plays uses a lot of wah and he says this is the best one he's had by far.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/16/2006 1:22 am
Please tell me your friend wasn't trying to use the wah (or thought you had to) in the amps effects loop. I don't even know if that amp has one, but either way, it's not important for using a wah. A wah should always go inbetween your guitar and amp, not in the amps effects loop. It will generally sound like pure butt in the effects loop.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.