Why my local guitar store (Long & McQuade) ROCKS!

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/11/2000 2:54 pm
A very bad thing happened the other day. My guitar fell off the stand and the headstock cracked right down to the fourth fret on my Mexican Fender Strat.

But, I brought it to my local guitar store, Long & McQuade, and the tech there was very helpful. He said that he had never seen a Fender crack like this before, and within 5 mins he was on the phone with the Fender rep.

Even though Fender will probably tell me to get lost and buy a new neck, the tech had a lot of alternatives, like fixing the neck with some glue and switching it with a good neck of a guitar in their rental department.

Also, about a week before I broke by guitar, I had brought my guitar to Long & McQuade to fix a problem I had with buzzing strings, and the tech reset my guitar - string height, truss rod, intonation - he even restrung it all. And all I had to do was pay for the strings!

Sorry for the long post, but my local gtr. shoppe just rocks!

------------------
ok, i'm not really the eggman
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/11/2000 9:02 pm
Hey - I didn't mean to post so long, and I did mean to ask you guys of your opinions on your local guitar shops.

Are bigger chains necessarily better? Does the guitar store you bought from give better service, since you're a customer?

Any other comments supporting/degrading your local guitar store?

------------------

[/sarcasm]
# 2

07/11/2000 10:47 pm
Hey I know what you mean eggman, long and mquade rocks! Which one do you go to? There's on in Oshawa and one somewhere around Markham I believe. I find the Markham one has more electrics, and the Oshawa one has more acoustics, although both have excellent selections of both. ever been to their website? S'ok, could be better though, like having pictures and descriptions of the guitars they have in stock.
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/12/2000 3:32 am
Downtown Dave's Rocks More

Or for me anyway. Basicly, I can't get the strings I play, I rarely find instruments I would like to buy, but I always get great service. Here's how it works: they are the place I go for any service, if I need a cord, if I'm looking at an amp, rack gear, or if I just want to go to a guitar shop. And it pays off, I found my favoritest ever Strat here, I get great prices (everybody's bill comes out to an even dollar amount though- in your favor), and I know I won't have to put up with anoying people becuase Dave throws anoying people out. To round it out, you can depend on Dave for good advice (on anything), John for a superb fret job or repair, and ocasionally, their is free food to be had. If you are ever in the Lebenon, NH area, check them out (I spent most of my federal and state income tax returns here folks).

If you read all of this, I thank you. I do not mean to be a bastard.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/12/2000 2:16 pm
i go to the one in North York. no free food, though... hmmm. maybe i'll start a lobby for a Downtown Dave's in Toronto.

------------------

[/sarcasm]
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/13/2000 3:23 am
Goodluck, I think Dave is likely to not like that idea though. And the free food is usually only found around thanks giving, or x-mass, some sort of special occasion or something.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.