Help me on my solo.

acclem2003
acclem2003
05/08/2001 2:19 pm
I suck at solo's i put my fingers like a barred G and I pick the base note and work my way down. There has to be a better way that sound's great. HELP ME!!!!!!!
A.C. Clemons
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
05/09/2001 5:49 am
Well, to be able to solo, you need to know your scales. First find out what key you are playing in. If you are playing rock music, there is usually one scale that you can use to solo over the entire song, at least when you are starting out. Do oyu know your minor and major pentatonic scales? if not, I suggest you do as soon as possible. After you have learnt the notes in the scale for the key you are playing in, it is a matter of finding combinations oof notes that sound good together, little phrases known as licks. A good start is to get some tab of the internet of guitar solos you like and try to learn them. It will be hard to start off with, (In fact for many it is hard for many years), but you will find some phrases that you can copy, or even simplify for your own use. Listen to heaps of music, it is one of the best ways to learn to think about soloing. Also, try not to get boxed into one chord or scale shape, learn the notes, and try to play them all over the fingerboard. This will help free your hands up to reach different notes than you would be able to reach in just one position.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.